The Nielsen Company Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2014

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

First rounds was a telephone interview with HR followed by an online logical test/math test. If you get a certain score you then get asked to come in for an in person interview with HR Questions included tell me your strengths, tell me your weakness, why Nielsen?
I then had to wait about 3-4 weeks and got a call back for another interview, case based. The case was regarding how Product A was doing in comparison to Product B. You have about 1hour to put together you analysis on the case and then present it to a panel during the panel interview. There are no right or wrong answers, just make sure you walk them through your thought process.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation, they were not open to it and it was presented as a take it or leave it time scenario.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2011.

very long winded, nothing in the interview really matched the position

ok

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2013.

1. round was an aptitude test.
    2. round was an interview, CV overview, info about position
    3. case study, perform presentation of introduction of MS Excel, meeting representant of the client company were I could be assigned.

Interview Questions
    • Actually nothing unexpected. Test was not difficult for me, you can find some parts of it online.   Answer Question

Better option

Market Analyst Interview

Written test for one hour, and then interviewed with two Human Resources Manager for almost 30 minutes, and then interviewed with the associate director for another 30 minutes. It took about almost 3 hours to finish the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I call your boss, what do you think your boss is gonna tell me   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

The initial communication was a phone interview where they asked questions like what were your motivations and how much you knew the company.

The face to face interview was almost 2 hours long.
    1 Hour was for an assessment that they administered.
    The other hour was to explain/present your answers.

I got a reply at the end of the day so that was really good in terms of efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • The mini case study was interesting. You just have to cover all your bases and explain/justify your answers accordingly. The important thing is to have a framework and show your thought processes.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

First I was called for an analytical test, which was composed of a numerical section and then a written section. The numerical section involved fundamental arithmetic and statistical problems and probability. There were 2 case studies in the written section. There was some data given and I was asked to analyze that and give a recommendation.

Interview Questions
    • Question on Conditional probability. You need to know the formulas to answer the question!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2012.

Was first contacted by HR and had a phone interview. He asked basic questions: describe my current role, past roles, salary expectations, then he explained the position to me. Next I was set up for an assessment test. They send you sample questions which is helpful. I passed the test and was set up on a phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very basic interview. A few days later I was set up on an on-site interview. I met with 3 different people and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you haven't met a deadline?   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

I am not sure if Nielsen’s US office follows the same hiring process as Canada but, in any case, this should help.

For the application, Nielsen usually asks for your resume and a cover letter (motivation – why Nielsen). After submitting your application, if you demonstrate to have their requirements, you are expected to get a phone call or e-mail from the HR to schedule a phone interview. That’s the firm’s initial drilling.

Your phone interview will be fairly short and will be for Nielsen to determine if you are interested and just have a quick chat. HR spoke about 5 minutes about the opportunity and then they asked me to tell them a little bit about myself, my background, why I want to join Nielsen and my future career goals. The interview took just 20 minutes and after that they sent me an analytical assignment to complete. You will have 1 day to submit them the test. The HR will contact you back few days later if you did well in the test.

The second interview should take 1 hour and be conducted in person by the head of HR. She will be the person to impress because she determines “fit” for the company. I come from a background of finance so I know that in finance, interviews are competitive and stressful. At Nielsen it is a lot more relaxed and they are really looking for somebody who can fit in the company. So relax, people from Nielsen are nice!

Interview Questions
    • My interview started with she asking me questions from my resume. She asked me how my job related to the Market Analyst position and then she asked me some behavioural questions:

• What a good team was for me and tell an example of a time I worked with a team and achieved good results
      • In my view, how my relationship with the manager should be and how I managed this relationship in the past
      • Why I want to work for Nielsen and what are my future goals
      • What are my three major strengths
      • Where do l think I need to improve

After that she asked me:
      • about my salary range and if the proposed salary and benefits was OK for me
      • if I am legally able to work in Canada, and
      • when I am available to start

They then finally concluded the interview by reviewing the position, the company, the future perspectives and trainings with me.

If you succeed, Nielsen will contact you and you will get a case to present in your final interview along with two managers (people that will work with you – your manager and the account director). So, this third interview will also be conducted in person with the person who would make the final decision about hiring.

For the case, you will likely be given some sales data for Company A and will have to prepare a short powerpoint presentation incorporating this data. This will test three things:
      1. Your ability to analyze the data
      2. You ability to provide recommendations based on the analysis
      3. You presentation style / ability to remain calm and professional
        View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2011.

The interview involves a skills test specifically on statistics, algebra, mathematics, and marketing skills.
    The 1 on 1 interview is fairly basic with questions on goals and situational dilemma.

Interview Questions
    • Why Nielsen   View Answer
    • Walk me through what you would do if a client asked you they deserved better placement in the CVS stores-   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2011.

Normal HR interview. Then goes with Aptittude test contains basic math/stat. Case studies. time is 1 hr 30 mins. The company's professionalism is being visible through out interview process. They know to whom they should offer the Job.

Interview Questions
    • % analysis, Profit-Loss analysis, Return on Investments, probability total 10 questions.   Answer Question

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!