The Nielsen Company

The Nielsen Company Marketing Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2011.

Communication with Recruiter via email and set up phone screening. Questions were specific to field and types of jobs I was applying for. One example was:

"if you have a client that wants to launch a new product, what are some of the kep information that you would want to know before making a recommendation?"

Interview Questions
  • what is some of the key information you would want to have before making a recommendation to a client whether or not to move forward with launching a product?   View Answers (17)

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2010.

For university recruiting, you first take a skills test comprised of math and logic. This test is followed by a 1:1 interview the same day. After the first round interview, they bring you in for an office interview where you have an informal breakfast/lunch followed by three 1:1 interviews with different organization representatives. The day ends with a Q&A panel for the interviewee's benefit. The interview questions test your thought process and logic to make sure you are thorough in your work. People are very friendly and the atmosphere is very young.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine if you should open a Starbucks in the area?   Answer Question
    • How would you estimate the number of planes leaving a large international airport in a day?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is probably off the table for the recruiting process. They are distributing offers for numerous university recruits that are pretty standard.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2010.

I found the interview process to be very un-organized. I wasn't aware of what it would entail and they were not forthcoming b/c I don't think they knew what they were looking for in the position. I had to follow up several times to ask the status of the position and no one contacted me directly. Finally, I got a form letter indicating I wasn't a good fit. At that point, I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. They didn't even get my name right in the form letter. Very disappointing overall.

Interview Questions
    • What are some suggestions for change you'd make to our website?   Answer Question