The Nielsen Company

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Membership Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2011.

Interview Details – First by phone, then infield with a manager /associate director. Hotel lobby - very friendly - casual. was given a call back and did a ride along with a current employee and shown what the job was like. Offered a position and sent to Florida for training

Negotiation Details – None

Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Phone screening, Skype Interview and an in person interview with numerous supervisory levels

Interview Question – How do you feel about bugs and dirt? We work in the field and experience it all in people's homes!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple...very fair offer from the start

Membership Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – There was a quick, initial phone interview. Then came a 2-hour group interview, which included 15 minutes of research and a 5-minute presentation on a Nielsen product. The next step was an individual ride along with a current representative for the top candidates, who were required to pass a background check first. After that, there was another quick phone interview to follow up about your experience on the ride along. Last but not least was a call with the job offer.

Interview Question – What would you do with unlimited resources?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary non-negotiable but you can earn quarterly bonuses if you been your weekly goals.

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2012.

Interview Details – hiring process was fairly easy but just took a very long time in between steps

Interview Question – the interviewer asked me to role play with him to resolve some of the common objections I would be getting at my job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Membership Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – First contacted by HR over the phone, then a one-on-one interview with one of the hiring local manager, then a language test, then a phone interview with the regional manager

Interview Question – Do you like to read?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate base salary as they made a strong case with the bonus struture

Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2011.

Interview Details – I completed an online application. After a few days, I was contacted via email to provide more information for a background check. Once the background check was complete, I was asked to interview in person with the regional manager. After the in person interview I was called with the job offer.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Nielsen has hourly pay set per state. Take it or leave it.

Membership Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2010.

Interview Details – I wasnt quite qualified for this position but I felt that the 3 weeks of training may not be enough or other positions offer training that is too long in length.

Interview Question – Why are you the best candidate for this position ?   Answer Question

Membership Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2008.

Interview Details – phone screened first, then there was an interview in a hotel lobby. then i had a ride along in the field to see if I liked it and they liked me, i gather. Then they called me and offered the job. 3 weeks training in Tampa, Florida. There was a week before and after that training with a trainer.

Interview Question – if you were a tree, which one would you be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company Membership Representative interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees and interview candidates.