The Nielsen Company Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2014.

Applied through my school. Two interviews, one on campus, one offsite (if you make it through the second round). They give you and interview buddy beforehand to discuss any questions you might have going into it. They also give you a mathematical/logical aptitude test before you get your interview. The first one was a two-on-one with a recent alum and a manager. Both were incredibly friendly throughout. Most of the questions were behavioral, but there were 3 microcases. 1. What should P&G consider if they want to release a "green" laundry detergent, and should they do it? 2. Successful v. unsuccessful brands. 3. An estimation question.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was the estimation question: Chicago has two main airports, calculate how many people fly out of Chicago on a given day. Tricky only because I thought I remembered my interview buddy tell explicitly tell me there wouldn't be one; so it caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Employee  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2014.

Was interviewed by two Nielsen employees. The interview consisted of resume, behavioral, and analytical/marketing questions. It wasn't very conversational, as they were simply reading off a list. I wasn't expecting the analytical and marketing questions to take up about half of the interview, as others who applied only had behavioral questions. Prior to the interview, I met one of my interviewers at pre-night, and when I asked him about tips, he suggested to vibe well with the interviewer and find a common interest and hobby. He said that during his interview, he talked about football for like 15 minutes. Was not impressed.

Interview Questions
    • How many people fly out of the Chicago O'hare airport on a Monday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2011.

Interview process:
    - Applied online through school website
    - on campus interview (30 minute behavioral) with an associate manager / manager level. Super friendly, people are fun, casual, and interesting!
    - Took a 1 hour test, mostly word problems and an essay
    - Got a call two weeks later saying I got a final round interview (yay)
    - Final round was 3 1-hr long interviews with VP/SVP level. All behavioral (claimed - but that wasn't my experience) as well. People were really easy to talk to and nice.
    - around 3 weeks later I got my final offer. Had 2 weeks to decide and sign!

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer puts a blank sheet of paper in front of me and a blank sheet of paper in front of herself. She asks "This is your product, this is my product. How would you differentiate yours from mine?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

I first encountered Nielsen at my school's career fair. The application process was pretty simple, it was just a resume and cover letter drop on my school's career website.

After a few days after the application deadline, I was notified that my application had been accepted for a first round interview. They day before the first round interview, there is an informal meet and greet where you take the assessment exam (straight forward math (I used an SAT math workbook to brush up on my skills) and two mini "marketing case" questions. The recruiters do send out a test prep guide before the assessment to give you an idea of what skills the assessment will test. After the assessment, the recruiters showed us a powerpoint presentation with more information about Nielsen as a whole and about the three verticals you can be placed in if given an offer.

The first round interview was pretty painless, as was the process as a whole, and took place on my school's campus. The interviewer was so nice and went out of his way to make the interview more of a conversation rather than a Q&A exchange. The interview was a mix of behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when...) and about two mini marketing case questions (these are not formal cases, like in consulting!). The whole interview was about 30 minutes. A couple of days after that, I was notified that I would continue to the second round.

The second round interview was scheduled to take place two weeks after my first round interview at the Nielsen office closest to my school. It consisted of an informal breakfast with some of the first year analysts and we had the opportunity to pick their brains about their responsibilities, etc and three back to back 45 min. interviews. The interviews again were pretty painless, I met with one person from each vertical, and they all went out of their way to make me feel at ease and to make the process more of a 'we're chatting to get to know each other' rather than just a Q&A session. All of the questions I got were behavioral. There were no marketing case questions.

Interview Questions
    • You are working for Coca-Cola and are given the task to market two products: Diet Coke and Coke Zero. Develop the target audience for these two products and then walk me through how you would go about marketing these products to your chosen targets.   View Answer
    Yes, negotiation is possible, to a certain degree, but salaries are based on national averages.

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

On campus recruiting

Interview Questions
    • The questions were overall behavioral, but I felt the people they had chosen to interview were not very personable making the interview much more uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

I sent my resume through my university's online career center system and on the Nielsen website. I received an email about passing the initial round of resumes and scheduled an interview at my university two weeks later. I had a 30 minute behavioral interview with an employee in the Professional Services analyst position and then a 90 minute test on applied math skills. The behavioral interview was very relaxed and the skills test was slightly challenging but do-able! I haven't solved questions like these for many years but I was able to get through the entire test. Review upper level highschool statistics (college level statistics was not on the test).

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

As a senior business major at UC Berkeley, I attended a couple recruitment events that Nielsen hosted on campus. The first two were purely informational, and gave a chance to network with the employees from various departments. Next, I submitted my resume to Nielsen via our school's career center website. After picking my resume, they asked me to take a test. The test was about an hour long and not too difficult - just some math and reasoning problems with little tricks here and there that might trip you up - I highly recommend triple-checking all of your answers if you have time. I did well enough on the test to get a first-round interview. While I had a decent amount of interview practice - both behavioral and case-based, I am not inherently a good interviewer, and this interview was not one of my strongest. It was only with one person - a VP (I don't remember his department). Up until that point, everyone I had met from Nielsen was very relaxed and friendly, but this man was painfully reserved and showed almost no interest whenever I opened my mouth to answer a question. I think I answered some questions well, but his cold vibe really got to me, and I ended up fumbling some answers as a result. I think there was one or two more rounds after, but I never got a call back. Only an email thanking me for my time.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say that you work for Nabisco, and you're trying to convince Walgreens to add more shelf space for your products. What would you say? What questions would you need to ask?   Answer Question

Professional Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2012.

Met multiple times at career fairs and was offered interviews each time. Finally accepted interview which consisted of a 1:1 interview after passing the analytic test a week or two in advance. I was contacted approximately two weeks later for an on-site interview which consists of a lunch and three interviews.

Professional Services Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2011.

After submitting a resume, I was invited to write the Analytic Test. Since they were pleased with my results, I was offered an interview - first with someone from the HR department, and then with two managers. The interview was arranged via email and phone. They were very accommodating of my school schedule.

I had a positive experience with the people involved. The two interviewers were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I felt at ease throughout the interview as they were very laid back.

The work culture was amazing. They strongly promote a work-life balance, which I loved.

Interview Questions
    • This job is very fast-paced and you could have many projects on the go at once. How do you handle this?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to explain something to someone.   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2011.

First round was at my school through the career center...basic behavioral questions with some analytical ones thrown in. The questions posted previously on this site were in my interview and helped me a lot. There was also a written test, I think 10 or so math problems, a writing sample, and a case study. I'm a very fast test taker and I finished with only about 15 minutes to recheck my answers. Pretty easy over all though.

Second round was an office visit, first went out to lunch with a current employee, then was interviewed by three managers. Questions were similar to the first round questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!