The Nielsen Company Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2010.

It was fairly straight forward. I had an in person interview at my school's career services office. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes. Then I had to take an exam that surrounded some basic to more complex mathematical principles.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2010.

The first interaction is by E-mail, they ask for your resume and any cover letters and ask you to apply online so that they have a digital copy of all media that you wish to submit. Then depending on where you are located and where they intend to place you, you have a basic phone interview with behavioral questions and questions related to your education and work experience. The next step is to take a skills assessment to gauge your mathematical and analytical abilities. Assuming you are able to pass that, you will be asked to make an on-site appearance for a series of interviews consisting of three 45 minute interviews with individuals from each of the analyst departments. Depending on how well your interviews go, you will hopefully receive a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What variables might go into the formulation of a model used to predict sales volume?   Answer Question
    There is little to no negotiation for entry-level positions. You will be well compensated, so it's best to either accept or reject based on your other offers (if you have any).

Analyst, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2010.

Got the interview through university career center. First round on-campus interview consisted of 1:1 interview with recruiter. Questions were mostly behavioral, with a couple "back-of-the-envelope" and factor case questions. Next round was one site, consisting of an informal lunch with current analysts, and 3 interviews with directors/vice presidents. The on-site interviews were mostly conversational and meant to demonstrate your knowledge of the company, your analytical skills, and you relevant work/research experience. Each also had at least 1 marketing case question (sometimes with accompanying graphs). Overall, very smooth process. Never felt like I was being grilled or pressured; the interviewers wanted you to get the questions right rather than waiting for you to screw up.

Interview Questions
    • A well-known company is attempting to enter a new market. What factors should they consider before they decide to enter the market?   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

On campus recruiting

Interview Questions
    • The questions were overall behavioral, but I felt the people they had chosen to interview were not very personable making the interview much more uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

I sent my resume through my university's online career center system and on the Nielsen website. I received an email about passing the initial round of resumes and scheduled an interview at my university two weeks later. I had a 30 minute behavioral interview with an employee in the Professional Services analyst position and then a 90 minute test on applied math skills. The behavioral interview was very relaxed and the skills test was slightly challenging but do-able! I haven't solved questions like these for many years but I was able to get through the entire test. Review upper level highschool statistics (college level statistics was not on the test).

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

As a senior business major at UC Berkeley, I attended a couple recruitment events that Nielsen hosted on campus. The first two were purely informational, and gave a chance to network with the employees from various departments. Next, I submitted my resume to Nielsen via our school's career center website. After picking my resume, they asked me to take a test. The test was about an hour long and not too difficult - just some math and reasoning problems with little tricks here and there that might trip you up - I highly recommend triple-checking all of your answers if you have time. I did well enough on the test to get a first-round interview. While I had a decent amount of interview practice - both behavioral and case-based, I am not inherently a good interviewer, and this interview was not one of my strongest. It was only with one person - a VP (I don't remember his department). Up until that point, everyone I had met from Nielsen was very relaxed and friendly, but this man was painfully reserved and showed almost no interest whenever I opened my mouth to answer a question. I think I answered some questions well, but his cold vibe really got to me, and I ended up fumbling some answers as a result. I think there was one or two more rounds after, but I never got a call back. Only an email thanking me for my time.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say that you work for Nabisco, and you're trying to convince Walgreens to add more shelf space for your products. What would you say? What questions would you need to ask?   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2011.

After submitting a resume, I was invited to write the Analytic Test. Since they were pleased with my results, I was offered an interview - first with someone from the HR department, and then with two managers. The interview was arranged via email and phone. They were very accommodating of my school schedule.

I had a positive experience with the people involved. The two interviewers were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I felt at ease throughout the interview as they were very laid back.

The work culture was amazing. They strongly promote a work-life balance, which I loved.

Interview Questions
    • This job is very fast-paced and you could have many projects on the go at once. How do you handle this?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to explain something to someone.   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2011.

First round was at my school through the career center...basic behavioral questions with some analytical ones thrown in. The questions posted previously on this site were in my interview and helped me a lot. There was also a written test, I think 10 or so math problems, a writing sample, and a case study. I'm a very fast test taker and I finished with only about 15 minutes to recheck my answers. Pretty easy over all though.

Second round was an office visit, first went out to lunch with a current employee, then was interviewed by three managers. Questions were similar to the first round questions.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2011.

I applied through on-campus employment service back in September 2010, and I didn't hear about them until March 2011, when they asked me to pass analytical test. The test was pretty straightforward(10 math questions and 2 essays). Now waiting for their next action, maybe in couple of years...

Interview Questions
    • Using Venn-diagram calculate number of people. Total number is 100 people. out of them 70 read nightly newspaper and 40 read morning. 20 read neither. Calculate number of people who read only one newspaper, who read both and who read at least one   View Answers (2)
    • Calculating break even sales of one company based on the results of another one   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2010.

Started with a one-one interview, then had to complete a math/writing test. After passing the first round, traveled to Wilton, CT for a on-site interview, which involved 3 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you figure out the number of people in NY who drank coffee today?   Answer Question