The Nielsen Company

The Nielsen Company Professional Services Intern Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2011.

Got the interview from career services. Went to a night before presentation which was helpful because they assume you know their organizational structure and ask where you want to work. Just a pretty simply fit/behavioral interview with one person. The interviewers all seemed very young, which made the interview more conversational.

Interview Questions
  • Sales of a product remain constant but market share decreases by half...how?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Professional Services- Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2012.

Met representatives at Career Fair who told me about an Information Session. I applied for an interview online through my college's recruiting site. I was selected for an on-campus interview (though unsure how many people were not selected). The interviews for Nielsen come with an analytical assessment portion (90 min test) that you can take at any point in the day which was the most surprising part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Aside from the analytical assessment (very much like a harder SAT), I was asked "what's one of the most challenging group projects you've worked on?"

"Tell me about a time you lead a group and were met with controversial opinions."

-Also asked about 2 types of pizza (a cheap, store brand that tastes boring but makes a decent profit...and an expensive pizza that tastes great, but yields less customers)..which would I choose to market and why?
        View Answer

Professional Services Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2014.

I applied through campus e-recruiting. I simply uploaded my resume and was contacted within a week and a half that I'd been selected for an interview. The interview consisted of a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." type questions. It's highly suggested that you think about your experiences thoroughly and how you triumphed before the interview. All communication was through email, which is a bit impersonal, but understandable due to the high number of applicants.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say Tide should consider when determining whether or not it should produce an entirely "green" laundry detergent?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2010.

First there was a quantitative skill test to filter applicants who make it to the interview. Standard behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had a disagreement with a superior and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2011.

I am a sophomore undergrad university student who interviewed with Nielsen for their Professional Services Internship. The interview lasted about 40 minutes- it was 2:1, with my interviewer (a senior vice-president) and a note-taker (from BASES specialized analytics) who would occasionally ask questions accompanying my main interviewers. Both employees were clearly experienced in trying to foster a comfortable interview environment, which I appreciated. The senior interviewer described the position and answered all questions very thoroughly. I had a handful of short "tell me about your interest in this position" or "tell me about your academic background"-type questions, 3 standard behavioral questions, an unexpected case-study type of question, followed by logistical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Case study:
      You are a senior project manager with the option to choose one of two clients for your next project:
      Client A, whose brand A has a very broad customer base consisting of customers who buy Brand A infrequently.
      Client B, whose brand B has a much smaller but more loyal customer base.

If you had enough resources to conduct research for only one brand, which would you pick (and believe will be most successful), and why?
        View Answers (2)
    • Same question as before, but now assume you have NO funds to conduct any research. Which brand do you (still) pick and why?   Answer Question

Professional Services Intern Interview

Submitted resume through career fair and career services. Was contacted for an interview and invited to a pre-interview social. Interview was very laid back. What was a time you had to teach someone a new skill set? What was a time that you integrated resources? One main interviewer and another note-taker, both 5-7 years in. Was very open and shared their experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Apple is releasing a new, higher-priced smartphone. What should they consider to decide if it's a good or bad business decision?   Answer Question