The Nielsen Company

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Initial screen involved a conversation with HR. This was followed by a series of interviews (8) strung out over months. One of the interviewers was clearly not trained how to interview, otherwise everyone was professional. After the 7th interview I was told that I would be made an offer. The 8th 'interview' was to tell me that the position had been killed for the quarter due to budgetary decisions and that the would contact me the following FY. Have had interim follow up to that effect. Process really left me at a loss, although the hiring manager seems like a solid manager.

Interview Question – Very straightforward process, nothing out of the ordinary in terms of questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Was quickly called up after being refereed by a friend. But once the ball got rolling, the actual interviews seemed to drag on. The entire process took a number of interviews (at times re-interviews) via phone, Skype and in person spread over 3 months. As the original position applying for was not offered, but a new one was quickly identified.

It was nice for the team to keep looking for other opportunities. But by the time an offer was made, I was well into a new engaging project at current employer and a significant bonus cycle that Nielsen was not able to match.

Interview Question – I had my 1:1 and the individual was visibly busy with other items. The interview had no surprises, or difficult questions. But in general the questions were around performing in a matrix organization.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Delay in process of interview, lower compensation than current employer, mainly driven to internal promotion and bonus received during the delayed interview process.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!