The Nielsen Company Project Developer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Developer Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2010.

Did a phone interview and was asked to come in for an assessment. The test was 90 minutes and applied to different aspects and functions of the job. Came in a week later for four rounds of interviews and a lunch meeting with another employee. Two of the interviews were over the phone, so it seemed pointless to do them from the office and made the day drag on. The questions across the four were extremely repetitive and I had to repeat the same stories all day. Some of the interviewers didnt seem to know what they were doing since the company clearly wasn't organized and swapped out a few people last minute. My last interviewer made up the questions as he went along. The woman I had done my phone interview with contacted me and asked me to come in yet again for another 30 minute interview. You could see why they are "industry leaders"- all focus on getting ahead and zero on individuals. None of the people I spoke with seemed to sell the company or the job to me, but instead had a "your lucky we're taking the time to talk to you" attitude. The lady from the phone interview was helping me throughout the process and was really nice until they decided not to hire me. I got a generic rejection letter with my actual name instead of my nickname which they'd be using with me throughout the entire process and even sent it to the email address listed in the job website and not the one from my resume that I'd been using to communicate with them for the entire 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you disagreed with another employee and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Project Developer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2010.

Overall the interview process was realatively easy with a general ease of coordinating times to talk.

Project Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2010.

There are a couple of tests - very basic. The overall process is very relaxed and aimed at understanding the fit with the job as they are very open to training the candidate.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate on the salary

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!