The Nielsen Company Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Updated Jul 17, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2013.

Submitted my resume online; recieved an email 2 weeks later to set up an screening call with HR. After, completed an online test (personality/logic, similar to "games" portion of LSAT) and was contacted the next business day to schedule face-to-face interviews. Met 1 week later with 3 people in the office; 3 45-minute interviews, all with a different interveiw approach: 1) explain work style and approach; 2) answer how you would deal with sample client issues; 3) technical related - analysis of sample regression model and some simple problem solving from there. Offer extended the next business day.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you missed a deadline, and how you resolved the issue. Sounds simple, but it was actually difficult for me to think of a time.   Answer Question
Negotiating is still onging.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

I applied online – interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

First a phone interview as screening, second a test (math/problem solving, general work situations), finally in person interviews with about 5 people (mostly groups of 2).

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where a client/customer was not satisfied with your work   Answer Question
    I merely accepted the offer they provided. Not any negotiation nor would there have been as most positions don't have a huge salary range unless you go higher in the company.

Project Manager Interview

Great communication throughout the entire process. Two interviews, first round behavioral, second a case interview and behavioral. Everyone seemed genuinely excited about their job, and I liked everyone I met. There are lots of office locations and flexibility for remote working and travel.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was the hardest and most complex, but well orchestrated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2013.

I applied online then got an email about a month later. I then went through 3 phone interviews but did not get the first position. About a week later I had another interview for a different position. I had a phone interview and a personality test

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Normally a written test (checking basics of quants, problem solving and language) followed by interview in most cases there will be multiple interviews as the company is big and diverse and needs people with multiple skills.

15 days.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2013.

One written test based on Arithmetic, reasoning, two set of telephonic rounds based on statistics like sampling, regression etc, also asked about experience, how to handle clients, kind of Industries, kind of projects handled, type of people managed, challenges faced, how did we tackle etc

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question is, how do you manage multiple tasks or stakholders   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2012.

I was first contacted by the director who had the position open and we did a phone interview. Our conversation lasted about 45 minutes. I got the interview as a result of being referred. A second interview (by phone) was set up to talk with two of the director's managers for nearly an hour. It was a business casual type of interview, with a lot of room to discuss the position, Nielsen, the director's management sytyle, etc.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer picked a situation I described on my resume which dealt with picking up the ball and finishing a project that had been overdue by a year. He asked me how I managed to get the project done in such a short time period when my predecessor had failed.   View Answer