The Nielsen Company

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2012.

A written test followed by three rounds of interviews. First was technical and over the phone. Second was face to face and technical. Third was general discussion and over the phone.

TEch rounds were based on the CV. General discussion was with the ofshore manager and more in terms of interests and what to expect at the job

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in five years time   View Answer
If you negotiate then they may notch up the salary a bit, but then hit you in other ways, like they may reduce the bonus part.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2013.

Applied online but also had an employee referral. Recruiter contacted me quickly by email. There was a phone interview, followed by an online skills and personality test, and then two rounds of three 45 minute interviews followed by a lunch with a current analyst.

The skills test questions were similar to LSAT questions. Qualitative logic type questions not quantitative or math skills questions.

The interview process took a very long time and the HR department seems somewhat disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of case study questions. Since I interviewed with 6 different people I got a wide variety of standard interview questions.

One interviewer gave me his pen and asked me to sell it to him.

Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

4 rounds.
    1. written test
    2. group discussion & presentation
    3. panel interviews (HR, case studies, background check)
    4. presentation to the head of the team

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult in general, require some understanding about the market research industry and good analytical mind is very crucial.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2011.

So far had the skills test, you can prepare perfectly for it reading what other people posted in this website: gmat, probability, basic percentage, basic profits=revenues-costs. Don't expect it to be too easy, time is critical and the two essays you have to write after the 10 math questions are very articulated and time consuming. Only 10 % passes and I can tell you everyone completes the test. It's all about how precise you are and complete in your answers as well as how good your english is I guess. I always specified the assumptions upon which my answer was built and I think that helped.

Second step is a normal behavioral type of interview. If you are applying for Nielsen Bases you'd better know what Nielsen Bases is, not like I did. Waiting for a third step which is two 1:1 interviews.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2010.

Everything is asked about prior experiences. You should have lots of examples of things you've accomplished individually and in groups.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were asked to do something under a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2011.

After submitting an application online I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later who scheduled a phone screen. After the initial 30 minute phone interview I was brought in the following week for a couple of one-on-one interviews and a math test that consisted of word problems. About a week later I was asked to complete a case study, but I had already accepted another offer so I was unable to continue with the recruiting process.

Nielsen seemed like an interesting place to work with many different types of research going on, and everyone I met with was very pleasant and easy to talk to. However, the recruiting process is excruciatingly slow.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging aspect of your last job?   Answer Question
    • What specific skills do you think you could bring to this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2011.

Skills test was 90 minutes and consisted of math and business related questions. Math questions were of high-school level difficulty, while the business/strategy questions were open response and presented a scenario in each. First-round interview had a market-sizing question and basic behavioral questions. Final round was three interviews, each of which had at least one strategy question. No full-out case interviews or anything of that sort. Interviewers were of senior management in the company, but all of them were very laid back and pleasant. Received offer several days later from an HR representative, and a formal letter followed afterwards.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2012.

Bit difficult apti & lame personal interview

Interview Questions
    • Tel me the no of cubicles inside the office. How many people are working there   Answer Question
    • Estimate how many domino pizzas are sold daily(estimate) No data given   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2010.

First of all, I am not done with the hiring process, so I will just describe what I have gone through. I have received an email roughly a week ago regarding a phone interview with Nielsen. The phone interview was conducted a few days later; it was short, lasted about 5 minutes. By the end of the interview, the recruiter asked me to come in for an assessment test. I took the test and the recruiter notified me that I passed the test and asked me for an on-site interview sometime next week.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2010.

Up until now has been very professional. Waiting to do the analytical assessment