The Nielsen Company

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Starts with an assessment test that is 10 math questions and 2 open ends. interview with 3 people across divisions. Everyone has big egos and likes to be made to feel important.

Interview Question – Be skilled in general marketing terms. There can be case studies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Research Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2012.

Interview Details – Apparently companies no longer judge you through an interview, or phone interview, but through a simple initial email response.

I received an email from a recruiter asking when I would be able to speak and set up a potential time for a phone interview to discuss the position. I responded within the hour and said when I would be available and that I am happy to speak about the job, and to please let me know what time would be best for them to contact me.

And that was that....no response. I tried contacting them multiple times after, but not too many, just in case somehow some emergency occurred. Nothing.

I guess my style of responding wasn't Nielsen material. Unreal.

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2012.

Interview Details – Bit difficult apti & lame personal interview

Interview Questions

• Tel me the no of cubicles inside the office. How many people are working there   Answer Question
  • Estimate how many domino pizzas are sold daily(estimate) No data given   Answer Question

Research Analyst

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2011.

Interview Details – Skills test was 90 minutes and consisted of math and business related questions. Math questions were of high-school level difficulty, while the business/strategy questions were open response and presented a scenario in each. First-round interview had a market-sizing question and basic behavioral questions. Final round was three interviews, each of which had at least one strategy question. No full-out case interviews or anything of that sort. Interviewers were of senior management in the company, but all of them were very laid back and pleasant. Received offer several days later from an HR representative, and a formal letter followed afterwards.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to manage a budget.   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2010.

Interview Details – Everything is asked about prior experiences. You should have lots of examples of things you've accomplished individually and in groups.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were asked to do something under a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Milan (Italy)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2011.

Interview Details – So far had the skills test, you can prepare perfectly for it reading what other people posted in this website: gmat, probability, basic percentage, basic profits=revenues-costs. Don't expect it to be too easy, time is critical and the two essays you have to write after the 10 math questions are very articulated and time consuming. Only 10 % passes and I can tell you everyone completes the test. It's all about how precise you are and complete in your answers as well as how good your english is I guess. I always specified the assumptions upon which my answer was built and I think that helped.

Second step is a normal behavioral type of interview. If you are applying for Nielsen Bases you'd better know what Nielsen Bases is, not like I did. Waiting for a third step which is two 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Why Nielsen Bases and not just Nielsen?   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2009.

Interview Details – The process varies depending on whether the candidate applies in the university channel or the "regular" channel. All candidates are pre-screened either in a on-campus in-person interview, or via a phone interview. Following that there is an analytical assessment which is required for all Nielsen analysts. If successful on both the initial interview AND the assessment, the candidate is invited for an all-day on site interview with 4-5 people from various areas of the organization.

Although the analytical assessment is not much different that the standard GMAT test, most candidates fail it.

Interview Question – If I want to know how many passengers fly out of J.F. Kennedy airport every day, what do I need to do?   View Answers (2)

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with head of department and head of HR personal to discuss my former working experiences, some behavioral questions such as what is your strength and weakness, how will you go from back-end supporting role to facing clients front-line role? why did you choose our company? why do you relocate to this country? what is your expectation of salary? whole process lasted about 1 hour. and it took about 2 weeks to hear back from them.

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2010.

Interview Details – I have not completed the interview process as of yet. At this point, I have had a phone screening and an analytical assessment. The process began when I was contacted for a phone interview via email roughly 5 days after applying online. I had the phone interview a week later, which consisted of basic interview questions. It was mainly to set up the standard analytical assessment, which I took later that week. The analytical assessment was not too difficult, as it consisted of probability, statistics, and case studies. The questions were worded as if they were intending to confuse you, so make sure to read each question thoroughly and answer what they're asking you. I am awaiting my results on the assessment, which I took just 2 days ago. I am expecting to hear back from Nielsen this week.

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2010.

Interview Details – Up until now has been very professional. Waiting to do the analytical assessment