The Nielsen Company

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Custom Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2011.

I was called in about a week after I applied online. I had the routine phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted around 5 to 10 minutes that explained the job position and the duties. The hiring manger then set up another phone interview w/ the vice president of the division about a week later. The vp was pretty nice. He asked about my skills and background, what kind of experience i had even though it was not required, then about current news/events, so should definitely do some research on current tech products and the market. I made up some stuff that i recently learned on the news and thought it was an acceptable answer, but i guess not. That interview laster about 30 minutes. A week later, they sent me an email saying that I was no longer qualified. Overall it was a pretty good process.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about what I knew about the current market and the products.   View Answer

Bilingual Field Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2011.

The interview process is quite thorough, they do a background check, drug test, and check personal references among finger printing etc. I had to do multiple interviews over Skype with recruiters and management team over the process of one month. Finally, you are flown across country to meet face to face, and be welcomed to the team.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if said they were not interested in speaking to you?   View Answer
    Hardcore negotiation, was not able to get an increase. But I was able to get a major pay bump from last position. So I settle quickly.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2010.

long and arduous process that in the end turned out not to be the job I thought I was applying for. There was a level uncertainty within the hiring management as to exactly what the position was supposed to be. My advice: don't waste your time in trying to get a job in the middle of an intra-company reorganization.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your skills and how would they benefit us?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle employees that do not get along?   Answer Question

Wasn't the job I wanted or thought i was applying for,

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2010.

Consisted of an online application, personality test, analytical test. The 90 min analytical test consisting mostly of BE analysis and probability questions. Time is an issue if you dont know these things backwards and forwards. I had the same two long answer questions described on the tread. I only give a negative because it felt like a waste of time. I saw several people in the office taking the same test so it makes me wonder how many people were being evaluated for the position. I left two questions blank due to time constraints.

Interview Questions
    • 3 products(A,B,C) with different % sales , (40,60,20) different average purchase amounts (1.2, 1.4, 1.6) What % B of toal sales?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2010.

After being contacted by e-mail, a phone interview was set up--this was pretty standard, including questions about past analytical experience and some scenarios designed to assess "how you think through problems." After this initial interview, an "analytical assessment test" was scheduled a few weeks later, consisting of ten quantitative, GRE-type questions and a case study. Seemed fairly standard, and I felt that I did well...apparently not well enough, and received the rejection e-mail several days later. The initial interviewer seemed enthusiastic about working there, and praised the company culture, and the SF office was pleasingly aesthetic for a cubicle bank.

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate the number of airlines leaving from an airport on any given day?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2010.

It was fairly easy. Interviewed with two managers, and got a callback the next day.

Solid offer, non-negotiable.