The Nielsen Company

Updated Nov 11, 2014

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

I applied online a few weeks ago and I have been contacted by a recruiter for a first interviw. It was nice and pretty simple, but you have to be prepared to unswer the usual questions as "what would be your dream job?". I am waiting for my newt interview with the team manager which was scheduled right after the same week. Will keep you posted on the next steps.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2013.

Through a referral, a recruiter contacted me via email for a phone interview. Phone interview was easy, about 20 minutes discussing my background and the role. A couple days later they scheduled an on-site interview, which took about 2 hours (met with the VP and director of the department), a couple days later I was scheduled for a assessment test (not a big statistics person, so I practiced for this...about 8 tricky probability questions and 2 case studies). Then, met with COO of department and another HR specialist. Was offered the position a day later.

Interview Questions
    • None, most of the questions seemed to be gauging my personality.   Answer Question
    Fortunately, the salary they offered was higher than what I was receiving at my previous job, but after inquiring anyways, they said it was at the highest tier the position could offer.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Still going through the process. Only downside is sometimes difficult to schedule interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2011.

Was interviewed by three people. The process was somewhat haphazard.

Interview Questions
    • How can you help fix the challenges we face...
      I was not aware of the specific challenges since they were not able to share.

View Answer

Decided to stay at the current position and heard that there were many changes that were taking place there.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Phone interview then analytical test: 10 Math and 2 case study Q's

Interview Questions
    • 100 people were polled about reading 2 newspapers. Of that, 70 people read paper A, 40 read paper B and 20 didn't read either.

a. How many people read paper A only
      b. How many people read paper B only
      c. How many people read at least 1 paper (A or B)

View Answers (2)

Senior Research Analyst Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2010.

The process consisted of a phone interview which was pretty standard, followed by an analytical assessment. This assessment was mainly business math word problems and a few writing samples. The math itself wasn't very difficult but it is more about the process of working through the problems. The formal in person interview was 2 one hour interviews with various other employees and a lunch with another employee. The lunch was very informal and allowed me the opportunity to see an employees personality. Overall, a great experience. I have not begun working yet, so I don't know very much about the day to day, but I am looking forward to it.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about how I would go about launching a product. It was an exercise in problem solving.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2010.

intial steps are very fast but on later stages it becomes very slow & lethargic and very uncertain steps on their side i feel their HR department was very confused about their own procedure

Interview Questions
    • tell the expected no. of international flights from delhi airport with a logic   Answer Question