The Nielsen Company

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2011.

Phone interview then in person interview

Professional Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2010.

First there was a quantitative skill test to filter applicants who make it to the interview. Standard behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had a disagreement with a superior and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2009.

It was great; my interviewer was friendly and made the entire process clear. She was very sociable and easy to talk to and very knowledgeable about the company.

I only received a phone interview and after I 'passed' it, I was administered an analytical assessment that was largely math-based and had two written components.

All-in-all, my communication with HR and my interviewer was flawless and prompt. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • You are the project manager of two clients: one is a large multinational chain restaurant with a large customer base that isn't necessarily loyal. The other is a small regional chain with a small customer base that is exceptionally loyal.

Which one do you choose to invest in?

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2008.

The phone interview took 45 minutes with the HR representative who asked very detailed questions about the skills and position -it resembled a one to one interview with hiring manager. Then they scheduled a skills test at the Stamford, CT office that basically required algebra, statistics and marketing skills and it totally required to study a bit. From personal and experience I noticed people there are very "clicky" and it seemed to be a difficult environment to feel comfortable at -from the receptionist that was totally incompetent to the bureaucracy of management about which school you come from and what your major is while disregarding knowledge, potential and eagerness to learn. I would not apply for a job there again.

Interview Questions
    • If your are given a project about a good that is not doing well in the market, which factors would you look at to understand why is that and to be able to give suggestion to a client?   View Answer