The Nielsen Company Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 25, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Market Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2012.

I am very disappointed with the way Nielsen has conducted the recruitment process, especially considering the kind of reputation it holds. I was contacted by a recruitment agency for a position with BASES. They had n number of rounds! First there is a maths test and case studies. Fairly difficult and apparently only 1 in 12 people pass the test. I passed that and went on to the telephonic interview where the interviewer asked me questions which tested some competencies and also my interest in the CPG industries. I passed that and then went on to the assessment centre. It comprised of a attention to detail task, group case study, group presentation on the case study, individual case study and presentation and then a competency interview. There is nothing really to prepare for the case studies. One only needs to use their common sense and be confident while talking to the panel. Individual case study had a lot of data to study in a very short period of time. We also had to make our presentation in that time period. Competency interview was just too detailed. They keep on probing you for more answers. At the end of all this they rejected me saying that they wanted more from the competency interview and that I did well in all the other tasks. I don't know how a decision can be based on one subjective interview when I have shown all the skills they need in their job through their innumerable tasks. They didn't send out a rejection letter formally. For the salary they are offering, they put us through a lot and still wanted more which I didn't understand.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine how much a company needs to sell when launching a new product?   Answer Question

Senior ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2012.

1) introductions
    2) What motivated you to apply for this role?
    3) What do you think of the hiring manager?
    4) How would you describe the environment you are in right now?
    3.1) Compare that environment with Nielsen?
    4) How do you cope with stress?
    5) What are your concerns (in regards to this role)?
    6) What do you think of the (team) environment at Nielsen?
    7) How do you think you should be managed as a professional?
    8) What is your work style?
    9) What is the best team or environment you have ever worked in?

Interview Questions
    • What motivated you to apply for this role?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the environment you are in right now?   Answer Question
    • How do you cope with stress?
      What is the best team or environment you have ever worked in?
        Answer Question
    • What are your concerns (in regards to this role)?
      What is your work style?
        Answer Question
    • What do you think of the (team) environment at Nielsen?
      How do you think you should be managed as a professional?

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2011.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within days. Was then invited to a test which included a numerical test and a verbal reasoning test. Passed that and was invited to the assessment centre for which we were given a task to carry out a mini market research task to be presented to two interviewers at the assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted the following: a presentation and interview (in the same session, with the same two interviewers), a group exercise for which we were split into groups of 4 and given a task to discuss and present as a group, a communication exercise and a psychometric test. The interview was pretty casual and my interviewers were very friendly, which helped me to feel at ease. Communication exercise was relatively easy- we were put into groups of two and were each given a simple drawing consisting of simple geometry, and we were asked to describe it trough phone to the other partner who has to draw it down according to the description given. As for the group exercise, we were given a scenario and 4 options to choose from, for which we had to discuss and come to a decision as a group. An advice is to contribute but not dominate, They are looking for people who adds value yet is still able to work well with the team. The final psychometric test was designed to echoe a similar work situation. I found it quite hard as I had not come from a business background and did not understand many of the terms in the questions. Ultimately, according to the feedback, I did not get the role because I had displayed a lower level of confidence than what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • In an ideal world where you don't have to worry about earning a salary, what would you be doing?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2010.

The recruiter found my CV online and offered to apply for the graduate position with BASES. Although the process took something like 2 month it was quite structured. At first I got a math test. 10 questions and 2 essays. I think for preparation it is good to do some GMAT questions, including some basic probability ( 2-3 questions).Essay were on new product development and research questions. Then there was a screening recruitment interview and finally 2 weeks later assessment centre. Everyone was really nice and very friendly. It consisted of a group exercise and several individual exercises. Everyone is very nice and friendly, so try to be yourself and enjoy experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!