The North Face Interview Questions

2.8

Full Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The North Face in August 2012.

interview was pretty simple. this is an outdoor clothing company so they want to know what you do in the outdoors. overall the staff is pretty laid back when compared to most other companies. management is easy to talk to.

straight forward

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The North Face in May 2014.

Applied online and got a call 2 days later. Interview was one on one with the assistant manager. The person was very nice and open. Got to chit chat a bit about school and the benefits of working at the north face

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any sales experience?
      When is a time you went beyond what was expected?
      Tell us a time when you did more than expected to.
        Answer Question
    None

Part Tina Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The North Face in August 2013.

Sent in my application to the district manager cause the store was not yet open. I called him about 2 days later to see if he reviewed my application. He said that he did and that I should come in for a interview. The interview was a group interview with 5 other people. The person asking the question was a manager from another store since are store did no t have any managers yet. He asked us all to introduce are selfs and tell a little about are selfs like prevous job experiences volunteer work etc. some of the questions were what was a time you had to help a customer with a item or service. When was a time that you had to tell a customer that we did not have a item in stock and how did you handle the situation.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to help a customer and tell them that we did not have that item or could not provide that service and how did you handle that situation?   View Answer
    Yes he would of if I asked but I was excited to have this job and it was a very genourous 9.50$ an hour the most that I have ever made in a retail job.

CAD Designer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The North Face.

Communication was straightforward with questions that pertain to job. Except the person doing most of the interviewing was someone that just started a month ago. This person didn't seem to know certain things about the company. Also this person is not a local bay area resident. He was someone that moved for the job. The manager was only in the interview for a short period of time before excusing themselves for another meeting.

Are you in the east bay? I said I was in sf. I was asked how I got to the company. I said I took the bart and he asked why? The bart is so far. There is a bus right outside the bart station and shuttle I said. He said he didn't know about it. He asked why I didn't take the ferry. I said the ferry only has certain hours. My interview was in the afternoon and the ferry only has 2 times 7 & 8 from the sf ferry building in the morning. He said everyone takes the ferry here. I had to pause and stop talking so he would stop telling me how to get there. We were on this question for longer than I thought was necessary.

I was told through my agency and their hr that the hiring manager was happy with me and leaning towards hiring me. I had all the qualifications and experience with plenty of samples. But they made an offer to someone else after they reiterated the reliable transportation question to me again through the agency. I said I would take public transportation and will buy a car when they hire me fulltime since this was a temp position with possibility of fulltime. I am very surprised I was not offered the position based on taking public transportation and not having a car. I am a snowboarder, a runner, hiker and do yoga. I thought this was an active company and a bayarea company that cares about the environment and encourages employees to take public and other sorts of transportation. I think this mainly had to do with the new hire that did most of the interview since he was not a bay area resident that does not understand everyone commutes.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The North Face in November 2013.

They contacted me after seeing my LinkedIn profile. It was a recruiter from the HR corporate offices- not a 3rd party recruiter.

Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The North Face in October 2013.

I was initially supposed to interview with the store manager, but the day was available meant I had to interview with the Assistant Store Manager. I was glad I did, they recommended me to the Store Manager and she then hired me after meeting me for a few minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in sales? (That was hard because I hadn't been so I had to explain why I would be good at this job) Why do you want to work for The North Face?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The North Face.

Straight forward, talked about my experience then pitched a sale to the manager

Interview Questions

salary was too low and they don't give commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The North Face in November 2013.

I walked in with my resume and got an interview on the spot. I was then scheduled to come to the store again in a few days for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very easy. Most difficult question was why do you want to work here and what is good customer service look like.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just an offer via phone call.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The North Face.

Group interview. Kind of intense with very broad and open ended questions. Don't necessarily have to have previous retail experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain one time where you have difficulty adjusting to a change in the workplace.   Answer Question
    No negoitation. Take it or leave it.

The North Face Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

It was straight forward, nothing special or difficult.

Interview Questions

Worked for The North Face? Contribute to the Community!