The Ohio State University Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

2.5

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

I applied online and was granted an in person interview. Everyone was extremely kind and welcoming. I sat with three of the leadership team and had a fine conversation. They asked me questions and allowed me to ask questions of them. Very friendly, much more conversational than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was their interest in my travels from my business semester abroad, which had been noted on my application. It wasn't particularly difficult, rather it caught me off guard that it would be of interest to them.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Ohio State University in May 2010.

This is extremely hard to say, as there appears to be no valid process since about a year ago, when an unqualified "Lecturer" was put in charge as "Director". He seems to care about only 2 things to hire someone: 1) you should be a tech wizard, and 2) you should "like" him (or at least appear to). Unbelievable, right? That's what all of the older personnel say...

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Ohio State University in August 2013.

It was extremely simple. I applied online, and sent my chief of staff an email with the copy of my resume and a cover letter. In about two weeks, I had received an email to set-up an interview. My interview was on a Wednesday, and I knew by the following Monday whether I was hired of not.

Interview Questions
    • In all honesty, the questions were extremely simple. It was team-building based, since student staff always works together. They wanted to see whether or not we were truly interested in the job or not. Overall, extremely simple. I would not worry at all. Just be yourself and show interest.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

It was cool. No hard questions. To the point. work related only

Interview Questions
    • What additional non-research based responsibilites can you handle   Answer Question

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Ohio State University in June 2011.

on-site interview and a phone interview

Climbing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

interviewed at The Ohio State University in August 2012.

I emailed the coordinator my resume and cover letter. It definitely helps to know someone who already works there, but it's still very possible to be hired if you don't. Usually two people interview you, but sometimes a 3rd (I know from experience). Very laid back, don't be afraid to make jokes.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult task you were faced with and how you overcame it. What did you learn from your experience?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Ohio State University in December 2013.

The interview was by committee with five managers. Be prepared. They have standardized questions that each of the members ask. Most of the questions were behavioral. There is also three role playing questions.

The role playing is based on how you think through a problem. I didn't do well on one of the questions; actually missed it completely. The real reason they do it is to see how you think things through. Getting it right or wrong isn't the point.

Interview Questions
    • The second role playing question dealt with a pop-up blocker. The interviewer acted like a customer that couldn't make a response to a forum.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Ohio State University in March 2010.

The interview process was very long, the all day

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to come and work at OSU   View Answer
    Easy to negotiate

Windows Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Ohio State University in March 2012.

I did well in the class, so my professor approached me toward the end of the quarter to ask if I wanted to work for her. I told her I was interested, and she had me contact the the supervisor of the Windows consultants. My professor sent her recommendation of me, and I scheduled a time to meet with the supervisor for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you will be good in this position?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Phone interview then On-Site interview with whole team. After that, having hands-on test with desktop

Interview Questions

Worked for The Ohio State University? Contribute to the Community!