The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Nurse Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Telephonic and then face to face meeting. we reviewed my history and why I wanted to work at that site. We discussed the position and the requirements needed for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

No interview required, so it was really easy. Only have to submit paperwork (tests, essay questions?, letters of recommendations), and if pass the screening, get offered a position. At least for my department (physics), will then be given the opportunity to come to the open house, where they try to convince you to attend Ohio State. Basically, a few days of tours, free food, and getting to know the faculty/ other students.

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Talked to the department heads as well as the dean of the individual college. It was an informal chat where they discussed my prior experience, my interests, and what I could contribute to the college. They were very friendly and there was little to no pressure.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I received a call from the hiring department approximately two weeks later to come in and meet with the team. I met with four people and was there 3 hours. It was a great interview, and I got a great feel for the culture, the team and the position. They said they would get back to me with a decision by the end of the week. I sent a thank you email to each of them separately expressing my thanks and pointing out what I can bring. I havent' heard yet but I am optimistic.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this specific position? What attracted you to it?   Answer Question
    • Do you enjoy doing all the details of an assignment or do you want to do a part of it and let someone else do another part? What is your preference?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the person for the job?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Clinical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

they take great care of you, scheduling all your travel arrangements. applied on line, then talked to recruiter then chair of dept division. then went out for interview. offer followed soon after

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I went in for the interview and the supervisor told what the job entailed and asked me a few general questions. He had basically decided to hire me before I even came in for the interview. If you are fortunate to e-mail or contact at the right time, you've pretty much got the job because there are no real qualifications. It's just an entry level job.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had previously   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It cannot be called an interview since it is just a free conversation about what you like. Like what do you think of something. I cannot remember what the question is. But it is a great interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Two interviews. There was an online application that I filled out. I was contacted by a member of the research team to schedule an interview. The first interview lasted about an hour and the second interview lasted 45 mins. No update on salary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What do your days consist of?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Position was for Fisher College of Business. Applied online and heard from them really quickly - within a day - which from what I've gathered is pretty amazing since everyone says OSU tends to have a slow hiring process. Interview was scheduled for about a week later with a director and associate director. The staff was extremely friendly and easy to talk comfortably around. They were very team oriented and presented a fun fast-paced work environment. Asked quite a few questions but were also very informative and it was nice that they told me exactly what they liked about my resume from the get-go so I knew what skills to focus on when I answered. At the end, they said they would be in contact with me within a week or two because they were hoping to hire quickly. It's been almost a week - fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why did you study x?   Answer Question
    • Questions about my current employer, seemed curiosity oriented.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you worked successfully on a team project with someone that was difficult to work with. Particular interest in a when I held a leadership role.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Business College Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in January 2015.

Interview

From the time of the application to the time of an actual first interview was about 3-4 weeks. Interview was good and conducted in a professional manner. The questions were all about what you would expect for the position. If you do your homework you should be fine as long as someone's friend isn't pegged for the position.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a real difficult question, for this position but there were a couple of active directory questions but there were basic   Answer Question