The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.6

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

two rounds interview. The first round is basic background interview, and the second round is group interview where three candidates get to know the entire team and get asked questions

Senior Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

Phone interview with HR, then face-to-face technical interview. Second interview was for making an offer

Interview Questions
    • "Describe how you would work with difficult people"   View Answer
    They offered a salary at the top of the range. There was no wiggle room.

Director of Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

Initial contact was an informal connection with a recruiter. Application is made by way of their online system, but I also identified and directly contacted the hiring manager. Their process drags on at times and I interviewed with several people, but never more than once with the same person. The primary interview was with a group of staff, including the recruiter and the individual who would supervise the position, along with two others.

Interview Questions
    • It was a standard interview. They used a prepared list of questions. None were overly difficult, challenging or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    OSU posts the salary range for each position and this is "firm." I was able to leverage another offer into a slight increase.

Associate Professor Interview

Audition and good academic standing was required to receive a scholarship from the Men's Glee Club. You also had to be an active participant in the group itself. This group can end up being a personal and profession support system for any young professional. Other responsibilities come if you run for office of the organization. This is a difficult process and requires political campaign and a well written speech in order gain favor from your peers.

Operations Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

Sit up straight, say something original but relevant to the position, act interested and know why you want it. It is important to make eye contact and act confident and act confident but not cocky.

Interview Questions
    No negotions. Minimum wage.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

The person who interviewed me was very nice. She was a Director of HR. There was an initial phone interview (by the same person), and then I met her in person. I didn't get the job, but she called me personally to let me know. All of the questions were mostly behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you convinced someone to do something that they didn't want to do. What was the result? Would you have done anything differently?   View Answer

Climbing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

interviewed at The Ohio State University in August 2012.

I emailed the coordinator my resume and cover letter. It definitely helps to know someone who already works there, but it's still very possible to be hired if you don't. Usually two people interview you, but sometimes a 3rd (I know from experience). Very laid back, don't be afraid to make jokes.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult task you were faced with and how you overcame it. What did you learn from your experience?   Answer Question

Student Alternative Media Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Ohio State University in May 2012.

The interview was conducted with the 3 employees that would be directly involved with my job responsibilities. I knew the interviewers well and I believe that they had already made the decision to hire me, due to the fact that they knew my capabilities.

Windows Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Ohio State University in March 2012.

I did well in the class, so my professor approached me toward the end of the quarter to ask if I wanted to work for her. I told her I was interested, and she had me contact the the supervisor of the Windows consultants. My professor sent her recommendation of me, and I scheduled a time to meet with the supervisor for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you will be good in this position?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Information Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Ohio State University in December 2011.

Very long and lenghty interview process. Took over a month for my position due to the amount of applications submitted.

I did not even try.