The Ohio State University Math Tutor Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Ohio State University in June 2011.

Once you take your math placement test to see where you stand going into your freshmen year of school, if your score is high enough, the math center coordinator may contact you asking for you to apply. You will fill out the simple application and they will review and get back to you about the interview. If selected, you go in to the math center for your interview and they will have a one-on-one interview session with you to access your math abilities. In my group, we had to perform a problem on the board for a group of both potential tutors and the staff. Not that difficult though because they know that we are students and this will not be a permanent job.

Interview Questions
  • We had to get in front of the group and solve a random math problem given to us.   View Answer
No negotiations took place since it is the University hiring and you get what you get. In saying that, as tutors, we already start off with better pay than most other campus jobs.