The OutCast Agency

Updated May 7, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at The OutCast Agency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The OutCast Agency in January 2014.

Had a phone interview first, was then rushed in for an in person interview with four different employees. Interviewed by 2 employees at a time for a total of 15-20 minutes each round. Casual interview, asked general questions of why I wanted to work there and what types of companies I would like to do PR work with in the future. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What companies would you be most excited to work with?   Answer Question

Associate/Intern Interview

Very friendly, three sets of two employees ask you about your experience and how it relates to PR.

Firm offer.

Unknown Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The OutCast Agency in November 2012.

A recruiter from The OutCast reached out to me on LinkedIn. We scheduled a call and then she asked if I could come in and meet with the team. The asked for a presentation at the end of the meetings. Which I was happy to do. I meet with four or five members of the team of varying levels. None of the interview questions were particularly difficult. Everyone was very nice. Each meeting was 30 minutes and they all were backed up by 10 minutes. At the end of the last meeting I was ushered into a conference room and waited there about 30 minutes for the presentation.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process in the office took about three-and-a-half hours.
      Admittedly, despite having two weeks to prepare, it wasn't my best work. I really didn't know what to present or prepare and didn't have a job description to tailor my presentation to. That said, I sent follow-up notes and asked for feedback. I heard nothing in response. Which I find ironic, given that it is an agency focused on communication.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The OutCast Agency in July 2012.

Pretty laid back interview. Meet with 10 people overall, including 8 people in junior roles. It was friendly and straight forward, nothing too out of the ordinary. People were friendly and for the most part were fresh out of internships. Atmosphere seemed slowed, but a very nice office. They never asked any questions that were difficult or out of the realm of most normal questions. Not very interested in background in PR, only willingness to succeed and push yourself.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle pressure? Not difficult but repeated by every interviewer.   Answer Question

Pay for internship was not much higher than SF minimum wage, plus no benefits. It was not even close to other offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The OutCast Agency in February 2012.

Send in your resume to HR and they will email you if they would like to set up an interview. They don't require a particular degree, but you do need a completed degree. Then you will have a phone interview with HR and if that goes well you come in for an in-person interview with 8 various employees, two at a time for fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to juggle different projects.   Answer Question
    None.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The OutCast Agency in October 2009.

Seemed like a laid back environment, although everyone seemed stressed out. Met a good number of people, both in group interviews and 1:1. Total in person experience lasted a few hours. Company seemed interesting but the paid internship did not seem too exciting, a lot of busy/grunt work. Did sound like good experience for entry-level person.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask any particularly difficult of inventive questions.   Answer Question

Better offer from other compay

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The OutCast Agency in May 2008.

I was contacted by a recruiter by phone to come in. VERY easy interview. she merely asked when i was available and asked for an overview of what i did at my former job.

In person interview: i was interviewed by 3 groups of two people each. Some were entry level account coordinators, others were senior account executives. They asked me typical interview questions: weaknesses/strengths, etc. but also imaginary scenarios: ex. how would you do PR for x, or y company. (it was difficult and i was unprepared - so people with extensive PR knowledge wont have a prob)

after the 45min-1 hr long interview, i was told by the recruiter i would hear back from them by Friday afternoon (i went in to interview mon). i never got a call or email response back...

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to get into PR instead of adverstising. Do you know the difference?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous PR campaigns. what did you do?   Answer Question