The OutCast Agency Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at The OutCast Agency

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, with the nicest HR manager! Then a Skype interview with 2 groups of 2, one group was an Associate and AAE while the other group was Senior level staff. Everyone was very friendly and actually cared why you wanted to be part of OutCast. The final step was sending references, then the following Monday I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for OutCast? How did you get into the PR industry?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My interview process was very enjoyable. You have a phone screening with the hiring director and then you have two to three interviews with 2 staff members at a time. The staff are super friendly so just smile and show your personality.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure. How do you prioritize. Describe a time when you had an issue with someone in the workplace. What clients are you interested in working with? Why tech PR? But mostly just chatted about what type of person I was my interests. They want to know that you will mesh well with everyone and enjoy the company culture.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have one

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by the HR manager and was asked questions about my experience, interests, likes, dislikes, willingness to travel etc. The interview was smooth as the interviewer was very friendly.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was nothing remarkable and being so, probably did not deliver any remarkable insights to anyone -- myself (candidate) and reviewers. I was set up to interview with a few groups of people who paired up to do the interview. Those people were cordial, but very junior in the sense that no one that interviewed me had more than a few years of work experience. That didn't make any sense to me and felt like a waste of time. If you're going to bring someone in, the company should take the time to set up interviews with a broad range of people and opinions. The questions were stock interview questions. I felt like I was able to come up with solid answers for each one. I asked as much as I could about the company and relevant accounts, but the more difficult questions could only be answered by hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work experience that you handled exceptionally well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Positive experience, some emailing and then a phone conversation. It did not work out because of timing but I believe it would be a positive place to work in order to grow as a PR professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, was then rushed in for an in person interview with four different employees. Interviewed by 2 employees at a time for a total of 15-20 minutes each round. Casual interview, asked general questions of why I wanted to work there and what types of companies I would like to do PR work with in the future. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What companies would you be most excited to work with?   Answer Question

Associate/Intern Interview

Interview

Very friendly, three sets of two employees ask you about your experience and how it relates to PR.

Negotiation

Firm offer.

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency in November 2012.

Interview

A recruiter from The OutCast reached out to me on LinkedIn. We scheduled a call and then she asked if I could come in and meet with the team. The asked for a presentation at the end of the meetings. Which I was happy to do. I meet with four or five members of the team of varying levels. None of the interview questions were particularly difficult. Everyone was very nice. Each meeting was 30 minutes and they all were backed up by 10 minutes. At the end of the last meeting I was ushered into a conference room and waited there about 30 minutes for the presentation.

Interview Questions

• The whole process in the office took about three-and-a-half hours. Admittedly, despite having two weeks to prepare, it wasn't my best work. I really didn't know what to present or prepare and didn't have a job description to tailor my presentation to. That said, I sent follow-up notes and asked for feedback. I heard nothing in response. Which I find ironic, given that it is an agency focused on communication.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview. Meet with 10 people overall, including 8 people in junior roles. It was friendly and straight forward, nothing too out of the ordinary. People were friendly and for the most part were fresh out of internships. Atmosphere seemed slowed, but a very nice office. They never asked any questions that were difficult or out of the realm of most normal questions. Not very interested in background in PR, only willingness to succeed and push yourself.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure? Not difficult but repeated by every interviewer.   Answer Question

Pay for internship was not much higher than SF minimum wage, plus no benefits. It was not even close to other offers.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The OutCast Agency (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Send in your resume to HR and they will email you if they would like to set up an interview. They don't require a particular degree, but you do need a completed degree. Then you will have a phone interview with HR and if that goes well you come in for an in-person interview with 8 various employees, two at a time for fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to juggle different projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.