The PBSJ Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Architect I Interview

Architect I
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The PBSJ Corporation in April 2008.

Interview Details – Process involved an interview at the office, 2 people interviewed me. Staff were nice and seemed happy, good team atmosphere (sign of good work culture). I got the impression talking to other staff at the time you could get all your IDP experience completed within 2 years, not sure if it would be the same in today's economy. Nice spacious office layout, though be it in an industrial park. Job offer arrived promptly by courier the following week.

Interview Question – Interview questions were nothing out of the ordinary, although afterwards they have you sit at a table and fill out an application form, which I found a bit strange for a professional salaried position. You have to complete work and educational history with addresses and dates, phone numbers, previous salary etc - not the sort of details you generally have on hand at an interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was fair. It was one of several offers I received, it was a difficult decision, but the main reason for declining was experiencing first hand the commuter traffic around Orlando. Also there was nothing nearby that you could walk to, had the office been downtown rather than in an office park, I would likely have taken it.

Intern Interview

Intern
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The PBSJ Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – This is a phone interview. Asking me about education background, software skills and career goal.

Interview Question – What is your career goal?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at The PBSJ Corporation in June 2008.

Interview Details – The president of the office took me out to breakfast. He basically just made small talk to see if I would be tolerable to work with. The inerviewer was very nice and mostly wanted to just have good conversation.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The PBSJ Corporation in February 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was professional and friendly. First interview consisted of speaking with the department head for a 1-on-1 and then a few minutes with the division boss. Second interview a month later consisted of meeting my potential co-workers and answered general questions. I had a friend who recommended to the department head so there was no specific job opening.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from the others we are interviewing   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The PBSJ Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The PBSJ Corporation interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The PBSJ Corporation employees and interview candidates.