The PFM Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The PFM Group.

Spoke to a recruiter on campus in an organizational meeting. Contacted him through email. Then I had a phone interview with 2 employees. If they like you, they send you a math test to take. If you pass the test then you are invited to have a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun? Why did you pick your major? Are you good at math? And other behavioral questions, not too difficult.   Answer Question

Analyst (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The PFM Group.

I was hired through campus recruiting in the fall of my senior year. The process started a little late, after the banks had already sent out offers. I was then asked to take an online math test (very easy) and then participate in a half day interview process in Philadelphia. The interviews consisted of 6 30 minute interviews with 2 managing directors in each interview.

Fixed Income Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The PFM Group in June 2014.

I had networked with an alum of my HS who offered to help me by getting me a phone interview with the head recruiter for my region. I passed a relatively easy phone screen and was then emailed the name of the MD I would be interviewing with.

Said MD was very welcoming and showed me around the office. There were no technical questions—the only questions that were remotely technical included "What are Treasury rates like right now?" and "Where do you think the markets are going?" Very easy interview and basically all fit.

Despite not receiving an offer, it was a great experience. I had basically taken the interview not because I was interested in the position, but more interested in getting another interview. I couldn't convince them I was passionate about fixed income investing because I'm not, and I'm happy they didn't offer me because I would not be where I am today. That said, PFM is a great firm, but just not in my area of interest.

Consultant (Financial Advisory) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The PFM Group.

Applied through college recruiting process and was invited for an interview. It took about 30 minutes. All the questions were behavioral and typical. What do you know about PFM? How did you choose your college? Are you a big-picture or detailed-oriented person? What do you do outside of class? Are you more of a writing or math person? Walk me through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a big picture or detail-oriented person?   View Answer

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The PFM Group in November 2013.

I applied through the college career services website. Then a senior management consultant conducted an on campus interview. He was extremely friendly and asked some behavioral questions. Then after two weeks, I had to take a math test online. It was not so hard but very tricky and was based on high school algebra. Then they invited me to a super-day at the Harrisburg office. I had two 40 minute interviews with 4 men. Two of them were nice but the other two were a little intimidating. All the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you did something for the greater good. Tell me about a time when you helped someone make a decision but your input wasn't successful.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The PFM Group.

Applied & interviewed through career fair at college/university.

Analyst Interview

On campus interview. Asked difficult behavioral questions thats seemed obscure about past life experience. No technical questions.

Analyst (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucknell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucknell, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The PFM Group in October 2013.

I did an on campus interview. It was all behavioral and not technical at all in nature

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The PFM Group.

Applied online and asked to take a short online quantitative test consisting, at most advanced, high school algebra.

Went in for a superday interview with the office I was applying for and met which each member of the team I'd be working for as well as the COO.

No negotiation

Financial Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The PFM Group in August 2013.

Spoke with many members of the team who talked a lot about the company and what you would be doing there. They encouraged you to ask a lot questions throughout the whole process. Basically they wanted to see if personalities were compatible and you had the right work ethic. Asked questions about background/resume more than anything else.