The Pantry Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.1

Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hardeeville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Pantry (Hardeeville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

5 minute interview asking if i was available to work any and all shifts. Quick process, done in a small office, which made me claustrophobic, with just myself and the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• What hours are available to work?   1 Answer

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Pantry.

Interview

All the applications are submitted on UltiPro. You have to pass the attached assessment to be seen in the system. The MGR will pull the app and call for an interview. The interview is a structured interview. Everyone is asked the same questions unless the MGR decides to ask their own questions. If you are chosen to be hired you will be made an offer. The offer is emailed to you then the background check is started.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness?   1 Answer

Fuels Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Pantry (Cary, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

4 step process. Phone with Recruiter, Phone with hiring Manager, In Person with hiring Manager and team, In person with VP. They were pretty straight forward and straight to the point.

Petroleum Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Pantry (Cary, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted be a talent recruiter a month after application. Met with him for a short meeting before meeting with department director and a very experienced person in the same role. Interview was more of a meet and greet to see if I was knowledgeable, qualified, and fit the team well.

Interview Questions

• Many past experience questions.   1 Answer

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Pantry (Gainesville, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Put through application via kangaroocareers.com for just about every management position they had at every store I'd be willing to work at. You only have to fill it out once, then just reclick through the pages for the others. Get emailed an assessment-- make sure to pass the assessment. It's not a percentage grade, it's rated in sections (customer service, sales skills, etc) by red, yellow, or green. They can't hire you if you get a red. Got a call for an interview about a week later, scheduled for the next day. It was a pretty relaxing interview. The people were cool. Just basically, can you work 40 hours? are you in school? are you capable of relatively simple math and counting cash? computer skills? food/management experience? smoking cigarettes is a plus.

Interview Questions

• the typical interview questions they have to ask: what was an example of a stressful situation in which you coolly diffused?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for the highest pay they can offer. I got it.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Pantry (Cary, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for a financial analyst position within the company. About 2 weeks later, I received a call from a recruiter at the company, who told me about a statistican job that I was qualified for, and my previous employer gave me a connection to The Pantry, so they were interested in me. I gave her permission to submit my resume, and was contacted to set up an interview about 2 weeks later. Everyone at the office was very friendly, and my interview was very comfortable. I interviewed with the VP of my department, and it was a very easy conversation. I was offered a job at another company shortly after the interview, so I contacted The Pantry to tell them, and they responded with a promise of an offer within a few weeks, which they delivered and I accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Pantry (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

she just told me what she expected of me on the job, little training was offered or done,

Interview Questions

• there were no questions asked of me by mgr, i was told was exepcted of me   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing, the company will not negotiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Pantry (Raleigh, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

phone interview went well....the 1 on 1 went terrible....unprepared and felt as though they were going thru the motions.

Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Pantry (Smyrna, TN) in April 2009.

Interview

I walked in to Kangaroo Express (The Pantry) and asked if they were hiring. A big man handed me an application. I filled the paper out and handed it back to him within 10 minutes. I left the store, and came back in 2 hours. I asked if management had looked at my application, the man said "Yes, I'm the manager, can you start tomorrow?" I said yes, and I started the next day. They offered no training, no explanations, no real formal interview, and just stuck me behind the register. Also, they did not drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with this company. You get paid what they feel like paying you, and a 50 cent increase for each year you work.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Pantry (Charleston, SC) in October 2008.

Interview

A vendor partner recommended me to the DVP. He gave the vendor partner my number and asked my to call. I hesitated to join the team because of the company's culture. Eventually, I did so. We had a quick phone interview and we set up a more formal visit. We actually met at a Starbucks. The DVP said all of the right things to get me on board. I was assured that the culture had changed. It had not. All failures are still blamed on the field. I then interviewed with a Region Manager. He rubber stamped the decision. The process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had diclosed my last salary. Their offer was slightly less in training and more after placement. Very fair. If they want you, they will pay as mush as they can within structured parameters.