The Pantry

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

2.0

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Pantry.

All the applications are submitted on UltiPro. You have to pass the attached assessment to be seen in the system. The MGR will pull the app and call for an interview. The interview is a structured interview. Everyone is asked the same questions unless the MGR decides to ask their own questions. If you are chosen to be hired you will be made an offer. The offer is emailed to you then the background check is started.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength/weakness?   View Answer

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Pantry in May 2013.

Put through application via kangaroocareers.com for just about every management position they had at every store I'd be willing to work at. You only have to fill it out once, then just reclick through the pages for the others. Get emailed an assessment-- make sure to pass the assessment. It's not a percentage grade, it's rated in sections (customer service, sales skills, etc) by red, yellow, or green. They can't hire you if you get a red. Got a call for an interview about a week later, scheduled for the next day. It was a pretty relaxing interview. The people were cool. Just basically, can you work 40 hours? are you in school? are you capable of relatively simple math and counting cash? computer skills? food/management experience? smoking cigarettes is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • the typical interview questions they have to ask: what was an example of a stressful situation in which you coolly diffused?   Answer Question
    Ask for the highest pay they can offer. I got it.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Pantry in December 2011.

I applied for a financial analyst position within the company. About 2 weeks later, I received a call from a recruiter at the company, who told me about a statistican job that I was qualified for, and my previous employer gave me a connection to The Pantry, so they were interested in me. I gave her permission to submit my resume, and was contacted to set up an interview about 2 weeks later. Everyone at the office was very friendly, and my interview was very comfortable. I interviewed with the VP of my department, and it was a very easy conversation. I was offered a job at another company shortly after the interview, so I contacted The Pantry to tell them, and they responded with a promise of an offer within a few weeks, which they delivered and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Pantry in March 2011.

she just told me what she expected of me on the job, little training was offered or done,

Interview Questions
    • there were no questions asked of me by mgr, i was told was exepcted of me   View Answer
    nothing, the company will not negotiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Pantry in June 2010.

phone interview went well....the 1 on 1 went terrible....unprepared and felt as though they were going thru the motions.

Associate Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Pantry in April 2009.

I walked in to Kangaroo Express (The Pantry) and asked if they were hiring. A big man handed me an application. I filled the paper out and handed it back to him within 10 minutes. I left the store, and came back in 2 hours. I asked if management had looked at my application, the man said "Yes, I'm the manager, can you start tomorrow?" I said yes, and I started the next day. They offered no training, no explanations, no real formal interview, and just stuck me behind the register. Also, they did not drug test.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation with this company. You get paid what they feel like paying you, and a 50 cent increase for each year you work.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Pantry in October 2008.

A vendor partner recommended me to the DVP. He gave the vendor partner my number and asked my to call. I hesitated to join the team because of the company's culture. Eventually, I did so. We had a quick phone interview and we set up a more formal visit. We actually met at a Starbucks. The DVP said all of the right things to get me on board. I was assured that the culture had changed. It had not. All failures are still blamed on the field. I then interviewed with a Region Manager. He rubber stamped the decision. The process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    I had diclosed my last salary. Their offer was slightly less in training and more after placement. Very fair. If they want you, they will pay as mush as they can within structured parameters.

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Pantry in November 2009.

I interviewed with the general manager of the store and he hired me on the spot. Described the job duties. Told me that there was no way I was getting $8 an hour and that I needed to keep dreaming.
    There was no drug testing, only a background check. Yay!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was an employee drinking a frosty he didn't pay for?   Answer Question
    • A customer is upset about her coffee being stale--what do you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Pantry in November 2009.

Answered few questions like what hours i could work, then they do a reference check, then i was called back for the job.