The Paquin Group

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Paquin Group

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at The Paquin Group in February 2013.

Sent resume via Craig's List as I seem to fit the experiance and requirements they were looking for.

Had a phone interview with one of the founders and a subequent follow up with both founders.

I submited a work sample, did a skype interview and finally submitted my references (all this before meeting). I recived very positive feedback along the way and felt extremely confident of my chances (otherwise I wouldn't of provided references).

After about 3 weeks they arranged for me to come to Oralando for to meet in person the founder and other members of their team. This is where it got a bit weird.

Though there office is in Oraland they interviewed me at the airport - which seems a bit strange as I would like to see their offices and understand if they could support my sales efforts etc. With references checked, happy with my work sample, great rapport, I felt it was my job to lose (I did alot of preperation as well - though it wasn't that necesary).

The only time I was asked tough or aggresive questions was by the most junior sales rep. I'm not sure if he felt threatened or felt he had some thing to prove? Most of his questions had "right or wrong answer" to me, a pretty experianced interviee I've never be cross examed in this manor by someone with so little aurthority. I think I answered the questions well and was given props for that. I was told they'd make their decision within a few days.

I got on the plane and came home waited a few days and didn't get the offer which really surprised me.

I wasn't that dis-appointed because after flying across the country for the interview and back within 36 hour period - they didn't even buy me a cup of coffee! (though they did of course pay for the fligh and my room - I stayed near the airport and had to shuttle back for the interview)!

I thought after more than a month of establishing a very good rapport that they'd have the class to call and provide feedback as to why they didn't offer me the Job - they did not!

It was done via standard short e-mail about how someone else more closely matched their creteria. I wrote back asking for feed back and recived none [emphasis added].

I expect this from a large company - but not from a small start up I was quite disappointed in their lack of professionalism / class in this respect.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions that had no right or wrong answer asked in a very rapid succession. "which job did you dis-like the most and why" etc.   Answer Question
    • define your sale proces   View Answer

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Celebration, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Celebration, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Paquin Group in January 2008.

Easy hiring process.

No negotiation possible. Told that the rate was what they would pay (not even a range). Later discovered, by going through files that the previous person left, that I was paid significantly less than the other person while expected to do much more.

Copywriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Paquin Group in July 2008.

Started with a phone interview, then a one one one interview with the department manager. He reviewed my resume, asked for some information about my background, and then shared some information about the company. He then requested that I submit a writing sample when I got home, via e-mail, on any topic related to the firm and the healthcare industry.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Paquin Group? Contribute to the Community!