The Philadelphia Inquirer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Editorial Board Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer.

They had my resume before I was called. I came in for an interview and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be alright with writing editorials that represented the board's consensus but with my byline.   View Answer

I did not feel comfortable writing editorials that would not reflect my sentiments, but were the consensus of the board or management, yet would have my by-line.

Writer/Editing/Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer in November 2010.

I thought the interview went fabulous. The position of a copy writer wasn't as desirable as I had wanted.
    I wanted to write columns and or report for the paper. The interview was receptive and positive re: my delivery and what I had desired. No position was open for writer/reporter at that time. However, they plan to contact me as soon as a position opens.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to travel all over the world, if need be?   View Answer

Copy Editing Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer.

The Inquirer selects two copy editing interns for each summer session. One is selected from Penn State, the other from Kansas State. About 40 journalism students from my school (Penn State) applied for this position. Interviews are conducted in late January with the Deputy Managing Editor on campus. He goes over your resume with you, and asks you questions about your experience with copy editing. He then asks you to demonstrate your copy editing abilities during the interview by providing you with several paragraphs that need editing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Philadelphia Inquirer

Worked for The Philadelphia Inquirer? Contribute to the Community!