The Phoenix Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Phoenix Companies in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted based on my resume which was submitted for another position. There was a 30 minute phone interview, which led to 2 face to face interviews at the Hartford headquarters. I met with the Director of two associated departments. The interview was pretty standard. At the end, the Human Resources employee came in to see how it went, and if I would still be interested after hearing more about the position. I definitely was.

Interview Questions

• None. These were the same questions asked on many interviews.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Phoenix Companies (Hartford, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

A phone screen and then an on-site interview which is 4-hour long including a lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• What model did you use for reserving during your internship?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview with a manager after a current employee's referral. Easy and straight forward interview questions. Remember to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

standard

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Phoenix Companies (Hartford, CT) in June 2012.

Interview

One-on-one interviews with hiring manager, actuarial students, and program director

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Phoenix Companies (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Went in to speak to an advisor who promised he would find me a job. Of course I have yet to hear back from anyone in the organization. Headhunters are only in it to get corporations to commit and just leave everyone out to dry.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Phoenix Companies (Hartford, CT) in March 2010.

Interview

As I was hired more than thirty years ago I can not make an accurate assessment of the job interview process. But, since I accepted the employment offer and had a long career at the company, I must assume the interview process was a good one.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked, was if I was pregnant. I think this is illegal now, but back then, you could ask anyone almost anything.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again, as I was hired more than thirty years ago I can not make an accurate assessment of the job negotiation process.