The Private Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.0

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Private Bank.

Got a call, then went to an interview with the head of HR, after that she called me back for a second interview at my branch, and then I went for a third interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Basic such as "If you had a livid customer and you couldn't calm them down what would you do?" Obviously the answer is go to a supervisor.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Private Bank.

I applied online with an employee referral and got an interview. The first interview was on the phone with HR. The second round was an in-person interview in the Chicago offices with a couple different people in the bank. Some of the people were in HR, some were young analysts and some were senior managers. It lasted about three to four hours.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about financial accounting background. They also asked a lot of personality questions about character. For example, what's the hardest challenge you went through at XYZ job and how did you get through it? Most of the questions came from them asking questions about my resume and past work experience.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Private Bank.

FIrst round interview on campus.

Commercial Banking Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Private Bank in October 2013.

I was given an invitation for an on campus interview with The Private Bank. The interview was 30 minutes long. The interview consisted of all behavioral questions based off of work experience listed on the resume. Very easy interview in terms of what the questions asked were. Since it was only 30 minutes long, no technical questions were asked. This ended up being a bad thing because there wasn't much you can do impress.

Interview Questions
    • No technical question was given in the interview. The most difficult question the interviewer asked was to give your biggest accomplishment in life.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Private Bank.

I emailed my resume to HR, shortly after I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. I spoke to the woman in HR as well as someone in the IT department where I was interviewing. The conversation was about 30 minutes, and they just asked questions about myself and my resume, it was fairly simple. 45 minutes later I got a call back with an offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Private Bank in May 2009.

Got a call from HR saying that there was an opening and told me about that job and was wondering If I was interested and I accepted. They had my resume from someone I knew that worked there.

Interview Questions
    • Take us through your resume and questions would stem from there.   Answer Question
    none.

Worked for The Private Bank? Contribute to the Community!