The Proven Method

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at The Proven Method.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by on-site interview

Interview Question – What's the difference between array and array list   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Position Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Proven Method in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially contacted via phone for an initial overview of my resume and to explain the needs of one of their clients. Met with them at their office and discussed their client with an account manager. There was a lot of push to get me employed, and at a decent pay rate. The interview process with their client was very disappointing and unprofessional, not their fault however. Contract work appears to be very uncertain, hard to know from one day to the next if they're going to fill the position, or if the position youre interviewing for even exists. I dedided to pursue other opportunities and not spend my efforts here as my time felt wasted.

Interview Question – Can you meet the needs of our client?   Answer Question

Developer? Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Proven Method in October 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter was extremely persistent from the get-go. He would call me at least once a day (while I was on a client site with my current employer at the time), and made every attempt to get me in their offices as soon as possible, with complete disregard for the fact that I had current employer commitments. I met at their offices twice - the first time with the recruiter and an account manager, as well as 2 of their developers. No real skill assessment at this point. Felt like a waste of time, especially considering I had to take an extended lunch break to meet with them. After that, they asked I meet at their offices again 4-5 days later to talk with their hiring manager, as well as the same 2 developers from last time. This time I was given a "skills assessment" which was some juvenile question about retrieving parameters from a URL using string parsing.

Throughout the process, I got the feeling that my compensation requirements were more than they could offer (which was a lowball number anyways considering I had much better offers than what I was asking from Proven Method). The next 2 days, I get a call from the recruiter saying they were going to pass on me. I was okay with this except for 2 facts:

1. I felt that the interview process could have been severed a lot sooner (and that both of our times would not have been wasted) if the recruiter/account manager would have informed the hiring manager about my compensation requirements earlier on.
2. Upon the last call, the recruiter made a condescending comment about a position with another company I was interviewing for.

There seems to be a "good ole boy" network vibe with this company, which you may like if you have that type of personality. Seems like a code cowboy shop as well - no real structure, development methodologies (they actually said I would not fit in because they thought I was looking for a more structured environment).

Interview Question – Given a URL string with a collection of parameters, how can you parse through the string to determine the URL and parameter names/values?   View Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Proven Method in June 2007.

Interview Details – One on one interview with VP, minimum technical questions, immediately hired

Interview Question – Which of your assets will best benefit our company. How and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more than you expect to get paid. They always lowball.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Proven Method? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Proven Method interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Proven Method employees and interview candidates.