The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County

Branch Manager Interview

Applied via website. Website includes skills test, which assume is to insert some kind of weeding to the process.Followed up by phone call. Then in person interview with Regional Manager and Human Resources representative. Approximately one hour interview with questions from each person. Formal and respectful. Plenty of opportunities to insert information about

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to enforce a policy that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Web Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County.

No phone interview, just one in-person interview with 2 people. All behavioral interview questions. Very odd way to interview and I had the feeling I was filling a quota and the position was already filled from inside. There's no way they could have made a hiring decision based solely on this interview and then the position was filled within days. I wish they wouldn't have wasted my time.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral. All negative, such as, "Tell us about a time when things didn't go as expected." etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County in July 2013.

Brief phone interview and 90 min panel interview. My first red flag was when two members appeared to be bothered that I asked some questions during the interview. Very cold people who barely cracked a smile. They are restructuring and I believe the hiring managers were not familiar enough with marketing to ask the right questions or fully understand my answers. Perhaps that's why almost a year later they are still trying to fill this position.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted ideas or basically free marketing consulting for some of their current challenges. I could quickly tell they were way behind in technology so it was difficult to answer in detail when I knew they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. They also focused only on the negative...tell me about a time when you failed...as a manager...on a project...etc.   View Answer

Senior Library Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County.

I received an email about an interview. A week later I had never heard back from the HR department and the interview was suppose to be the next day. Then I received an email saying the position was closed. That next week I heard from the HR department saying that it was off hold. Went for the interview and waited for 15 minutes. The interviewer was kind of short and act as if he didn't want to be there. Received an email that night saying that I wasn't chosen.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw someone in the restroom doing drugs what would you do?   Answer Question

Work at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County? Share Your Experiences

The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County