The Renoir Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Renoir Group (Bismarck, ND) in November 2010.

Interview

Be prepared

Interview Questions

Negotiation

More than a fair offer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

Had a video Skype interview at first, which was to understand the candidate better, and later asked a couple of quizzes. Once shortlisted, he/she is invited to its physical office for a group and later individual interview.

At that place, the following activities are:
    1) a short introduction of oneself,
    2) a group problem solving game,
    3) an individual mathematical written test,
    4) a 2-minute presentation of a given topic, and
    5) a one-on-one interview with the recruiter(s).

Overall, the interview process is interesting but there were times humiliating. Although the recruiter(s) are trying to paint a true picture of the realities working in consultancy, there were lots of discouragement. There were also clear signs of arrogance and boastfulness by the recruiter(s), to the point of claiming that they're way better off than other long established consulting firms (including the Big 4).

Interview Questions

• Skype Interview:
      1. 5 other uses of a bar of soap besides washing (to test thinking out-of-the-box).
      2. A mathematical quiz (which was tricky but somewhat unclear).

Group/Individual Interviews:
      1. Short introduction of oneself (2-3 minutes).
      2. Team problem-solving game of The Zin Obelisk (15 minutes).
      3. Mathematical written test (10 minutes).
      4. Short presentation, which one's forced to agree to a controversial topic such as "child labour is good", "prostitution should be legalised", "fast-foods good for children", etc. (2-3 minutes).
      5. "Why should we hire you?" is the first thrown question at the one-on-one interview. There are other follow up questions during this session.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by assessment centre and face to face interview. Questions were straight forward and assessment is pretty much common sense unless you are put off by a group environment. Mini presentation was also needed on a subject of your choice which helps..

Interview Questions

• Previous career. Reasons for interest. Personal circumstances (to accommodate travel requirements) etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary levels are clearly defined for employees. Interviewers are very honest about what to expect in relation to hours / travel. They paint a black picture of work life balance and don't try to sell the job to you. It almost feels that they are talking you out of it!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

Interview in a coffe shop as they do not have office anywhere. A 5 mon presentation round, puzzle GD round, and personal interview. just 3 rounds. Confirm before hand if they are paying for our tickets

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

1.) Preliminary 1-on-1 interview with Recruitment Manager
    - career and personal background
    - out of the box thinking
    - basic numerical questions (compute mentally or to be safe, bring a pen and paper).

2.) Assessment Center
    - math test
    - public speaking test
    - team exercises

3.) Final panel interview
    - heat/pressure test (see how you'd react when being pressured).
    - willingness to work long hours in odd locations (e.g.: 7 days a week in a mine).

Interview Questions

• Willingness to work in odd/non-office environment?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

I applied via their website. The initial contact was through an agent who seemed to be reading a script and was asking me generic questions. After that, I got to the point where two OPS managers called me and asked me about my experience. They did not provide much information about the company.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question I got on that second call (with the two OPS managers) was about a hypothetical situation where the client would want me to explain why something bad happened on a project and whether i would be willing to lie in order to calm the client down.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A little higher salary but only because of my strong experience.

Implementation Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Renoir Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

After a short phone interview, a 1 to 1 interview and then a group interview.
    During the recruitment process, they constantly emphasise the "travel all year" part of the job, it roughness (18h per day down a mine?!!!) and the fact that you won't be working at all in the UK.
    Salary offer is insultingly low, there is no benefits at all and their policy about training is quite foggy. But, I quote: "it will look great on your CV"!

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult if you are well prepared and if you respect the timing in your presentation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Renoir Group in December 2011.

Interview

It consisted of and Introduction in front of other candidates.