The Resort at Pelican Hill Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.6

Baker/Pastry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill (Newport Coast, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I attended a hiring event for invitees. At the event I met with certain key employees. I was invited back to meet with the head pastry chef. About 4 days later I was offered a job. It was a very enjoyable process for me. After accepting the offer began the background check and drug testing. My start date was about three weeks after the initial interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill (Newport Coast, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 Directors/Managers over a 3.5 hours, very relaxing as we interviewed in the Great Room. It was not like a typical interview where you are asked lots of questions it was mostly about my previous experience and to see if i was a good fit for the position.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill (Newport Coast, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Multi step process with several interviews. If they like you, they set up the next interview that day. First I spoke with a general recruiter for the company, then was scheduled with the manager of the restaurant. They seem to be mostly looking for the right personalities, and a generally nice appearance. Obviously, experience is important too. Dress professionally, it is a very nice establishment.

Interview Questions

• Pythia resort has a lot of very high end clients. Why do you think you are right to represent this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really a position you can negotiate

Hospitality Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill in November 2014.

Interview

The Resort itself is owned by the Irvine Company, so the hiring process actually starts with corporate and not the resort HR. It can take a long time, or a little depending on your resume and if the resort actually has available positions. Even after getting contacted by Corporate and being interviewed, I think it took another 2 weeks for the actual resort to finally call me for another interview. I only had two interviews, one with corporate and then one with a manager for my position, although I've heard there can be up to a possible 3-4 interviews. I guess I was really lucky.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate only cause most of my experience is from being a server in multiple restaurants, but I do believe that for this position, it is competitive for its market, especially considering the guests you have to deal with and what the position entails.

Reservation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Both took about 10 minutes. First one was fairly easy. Second one was weird. No communication between their own colleagues. Had to email multiple times because the talent person was busy and forgot.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Coast, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill (Newport Coast, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

First phase is being contacted over the phone and completing a phone interview. Pretty basic. After you pass that, you get the face-to-face interview. That is only how far I got.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your long term goals? Describe yourself. What do you like to do for extracurricular activities? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Retail AGent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process took atleast 2 -3 months! Starts with a phone interview, in person and then you have to do drug test, then fill out a packet of paper work, they call all your past employers if they don't answer than you need pay stubs to confirm your work there. Then you have orientation!!!

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered A-list celebrities in your past job and how have you served them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they pay a nice amount of money.

Food Runner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application electronically online and within 2 days I received a phone call from a recruiter who gave me a basic over the phone interview. I was then called into a job fair where I had two interviews. The first one asked about my previous job experience, current availability, and talked about pay rate/tips. The second was with the general manager who described the job and asked questions pertaining to the job. I was then schedule for a third interview with one of the directors. This interview was not necessarily a q&a but more to see if the interview uphold the resort's value of customer service and friendliness.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Resort at Pelican Hill (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the Irvine Company after I completed the application process. The recruiter scheduled me down to go to the Job fair at the site. Sat in a very lovely ballroom with other people waiting to be interviewed by the multiple recruiters. First interview went well and then bring in the head of the department or managing supervisory of the area you plan to work in. The second interview was great and they offered me the job afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What does luxury mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight to the point and very firm on there end. Offered me benefits and decent wage.

Guest Services Interview

Interview

Wasn't really an interview so much as it was them telling me how great they were and how lucky I was to even be getting an interview. Very odd. If you're so great, you shouldn't have to tell people.

Interview Questions

• None. Pretty standard, tell me about yourself, what was the most difficult thing you have solved in a previous job, what do you like best working with people, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical