The Retirement Group Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Retirement Group in March 2013.

The interview process is a bit ridiculous, they want you to do work BEFORE you're hired and 90% of the time you will not get a call back once your project is complete. Do not do their projects until you're actually hired otherwise they'll just use you.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, wasn't even a real interview, applied online. was overqualified so they brought me onto the team.   View Answer
    no negotiation, this was a scam so I left.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Retirement Group in August 2013.

Apply on craiglist, the interview took for more than two month. First let me complete a very time consuming project in about one month, then took one presentation. During this process, no one will answer your call or reply your email. After presentation, they disappeared again for half month. Then let me upload the presentation and ppt to youtube and need get 20 good comments to move on. Very time consuming, doubt whether they really want to hire you. Be careful.

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Retirement Group in July 2013.

Practical work assignment allowed me to prove my skills better than any ordinary interview. Problem solving is weighted more than ability to answer basic questions. The advisor that interviewed me, Tyson Mavar, is not in human resources, but an actual financial advisor that works in the field. Very unique interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The entire interview was directed on this company's implementation of the 'value' approach to investing. The advisor asked me 'at what percentage of intrinsic value does an asset price need to reach before selling the asset is warranted'. This question is somewhat subjective and doesn't have one true answer, but I think what they are looking for is just strong conviction in all of your answers.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Retirement Group.

First you need to fill out the application form, and they will send you some research tasks. Then you need to do a presentation to the team once you finish the research task. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are about presentations, no particular hard question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

3 take home projects, a group interview followed by a one-on-one designed to target serious and hard-working interns looking to master the retirement advising niche. As the other posts state, a great place to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Easy down to earth questions, don't be an idiot and prove you can work hard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Retirement Group in February 2011.

Way to many questions. Went through 5 interviews

Interview Questions
    They were lower but I took the internship

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at The Retirement Group in August 2012.

Four interviews
    I feel that I would be a significant benefit to the workforce at the retirement group. I am looking to learn, and to learn a lot. I need to get my hands dirty with working in the field.

Any task I would be given would be followed through, mechanically, analytically and logically. I feel i would make a good team member as an intern at your firm.--- What are your goals for this internship? My goals are knowledge, field experience, stronger resume, expanded financial vocabulary, customer relationships, and building a the strongest financial background possible.--- Tell us about a time you had a problem that you couldn't seem to solve? There was a time I could not find a way to pay for college. Luckily and with much hard work and research. I picked up a sport and worked at it everyday to gain a scholarship so that school became feasible. No problem can not be solved, it just takes the right dedication and structuring to achieve the desired outcome.--- Give one of your weaknesses and what you do to overcome that weakness? One weakness I have sometimes is limiting the number of projects I take on. I learned to overcome this by balancing my scheduling and efficiently appropriating time to finish projects in a timely manner.--- Are you interested in relocating, and if so where would you be interested in relocating? No, I am not interested in relocating seeing as I am full time student at Temple University.--- Are you available to come in to the SD, SF, VA, NY or Dallas office for an interview?New York City can be reached for interview. If not that, I am available most days for Skype interviews, and/or phone interview

Interview Questions
    • How could you make a difference in assisting retirees with IRA rollovers   View Answer

They wanted me to work too many hours

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Retirement Group

Worked for The Retirement Group? Contribute to the Community!