The Right Thing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Specialist for Goldman Sachs Interview

Recruiting Specialist for Goldman Sachs
Findlay, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Right Thing.

Interview Details – I had 6 different interviews. The first was a general phone interview, the next an in-person interview, the third was an interview via Webcam and the fifth and sixth interviews were phone interviews with Goldman Sachs' employees in New York. The interviewers were extremely nice. Also during the in-person interview I got to sit down with a recruiter and observe them doing their job to make sure I thought the job would be a good fit for me.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was during the second in-person interview not because of the questions but the lack of questions. There were only statements, no questions which can throw people off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate since the offer was a great one.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

ADP Recruitment Coordinator ( Contractor) Onsite At Goldman Sachs In Manhattan Interview

ADP Recruitment Coordinator ( Contractor) Onsite At Goldman Sachs In Manhattan
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Right Thing in November 2013.

Interview Details – If you are lucky enough to get in, this is a pretty good gig. You work in the Goldman Office in Manhattan on their 25th floor, you are an hourly contractor who gets paid 25$ an hour ( 17$ after taxes). Work hours are long 9am-9pm usually- but hey you get paid for every hour you work- so this is pretty good money. After 9 pm you get a 25$ meal voucher for dinner and a paid car to take you home anywhere to Manhattan, Jersey, CT, Long Island, Queens , Bronx, and Brooklyn ( Basiaclly the entire tri-state area). But no access to the Goldman on-site gym- after all, you are just a contractor-contingent worker) After a year of good performance you may even get a chance to get hired full-time into the Goldman HR team as an actual Goldman employee on a team that is pretty much all-women ( no surprise here -its HR) . But to get ther you have to jump though hoops- so hopeful, I applied online, and about two weeks later got an e-mail to schedule a screening-call-interview from their Recruiter at the HQ, which is in Findlay OH. The Ohio recruiter was very prompt, competent ( has been with the company more than 5 yrs) nice and helpful,- she conducted a typical, by-the-book phone screen. She looked at my skills and identified me as good fit candidate for two positions ( instead of just the one I applied for) and forwarded my cnadidacy to the coordinator at the client location for interview scheduling purposes. If you have email filters be sure to check them at this stage, because ( and they dont tell you that) the HQ Recruiter e-mail adress is from ADP The Right Thing, but the Coordinators e-mail has address of the cleint. So there is a potential for communication confusion right there...because the ADP coordinators e-mail can get stuck in the trsh- folder. So then the coordinator works with you to set up interviews with the client. The coordinator will try to cast a wide net regarding your availablity,- asking " e-mail me your available times Mon-Fri for this week and the next week" And after you do, expect some back and forth on the scheduling,- since the coordinator will set up interviews with you, -and then the client will go back to the coordinator and say" hey- I cant interview people on this day" . Once the interview is finally scheduled,- things become more straightforward. The coordinator e-mails you the time, location of the interview- who from ADP will be meeting you and who are the client interviewers. Then you basically prepare, and show up to the location in your suit at the said time, ready to go,- Your ADP greeter is generally very helpful and will discuss with you the role, brief you about the client , their culture and give you an opportunity to ask questions before you meet with the cleint interviewer. Sometimes the ADP greeter will ask you questions and provide feedback regarding your responses to help coach you for the interview. The ADP greeter is definitely very helpful in that regard, to make sure you dont go into the interview cold. Generally- I got the impression that the ADP greeter really wants you to succeed and get the job. After this little coaching-briefing session you interview with the client who asks mostly situational questions and behavioral. All very standard. They want to know : What is your background and how is it applicable to this job. Do you understand the role and what it entails. Do you have the key qualities/skills for this job. How will you handle typical challenges at this workplace. Will you fit in with the culture. After the interview- you use the interviewer names on your confirmatin email to send a brief thank-you note emails and the waiting game begins- where you keep contacting your coordinator for status updates and they keep sending you vague responses to string you along, while they are probably interviewing other people. The waiting game for me took forever b/c i interviewed some weeks before the winter holidays and then was unlucky in that the decision makers delayed their decison until after the winter break was over,- during the winter break my momentum evaporated- and then after the winter break they all forgot about me. When I pressed the coordinator and the recuiter on status update regarding my candidacy after the new year, they rumirated about for some time and then came back saying that " the position they thought was going to be open didnt come to frution- sorry and we'll keep you posted if any future positions open up." but oh well, whaddaya-do..

Interview Questions

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator

Interviewed at The Right Thing

Interview Details – I was contacted via LinkedIn for this job position and had the interview the next day. The questions were basic and was not difficult.

Interview Question – Be expected to answer scenario questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Talent Acquisition Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Right Thing.

Interview Details – Nothing out of the ordinary, went over my resume and asked why I was interested in working in recruiting.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in recruiting?   View Answer

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Client Relationship Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Right Thing in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interviews with multiple hiring managers, then an on-site with my client HR.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, the offer was $2k more over my base + bonus.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at The Right Thing.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a good experience. Because the entire company is all about recruiting, they do take the steps in the process seriously. Knowing someone or connecting with an actual employee can be very helpful. They hire people to work in the Findlay office and also to work from home. You have to be very experienced to get an offer to work from home. You might want to consider starting as a Client Releationship Manager. They like to promote from within, but do hire some people from the outside. If you do not meet all of the skills required, you most likely will not be hired.

Interview Question – I don't recall any specific questions, but you need to be prepared to do Behavorial Based Interviewing and answer tough questions about your knowledge of recruiting and management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered.

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Findlay, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Right Thing in March 2008.

Interview Details – After applying online, qualified candidates were scheduled for a face to face interview and also subjected to a typing test. An offer was extended after successful completion of both. My initial reaction was surprise when I walked in to see that everyone was dressed very casual.

Negotiation Details – There was a set pay rate and not room for negotiation.

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at The Right Thing.

Interview Details – First, I received an email to sign up for a brief phone screen which was quick and pleasant. The second step was a face to face interview which was conducted in house and was a very enjoyable experience. I sat down and interviewed with two different people that were very friendly and professional while also being very down to earth with the entire process. Once this was completed I received notification within 24 hours about the position and receiving an offer for it.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a question that I was not prepared for as they all relatively fit into the scope of the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

RMS II Interview

RMS II

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Right Thing.

Interview Details – Found a job post online. Quick follow up by the initial screener. He called and we had about 45 minute conversation. Follow that with a 2nd hour long phone interview with a CRM. After that, I had a 2 hour interview where I met with three people at their local office. Everyone was very professional. Good process-focused questions.

Two weeks later I recieved a call from a recruiter that I hadn't spoken with yet who let me know that the next step was to offer me the job, but that the position had been put on hold. Fast forward three more weeks I get s second call from the recruiter saying the same thing (apparantly due policy changes based on their recent acquisition by ADP, no hiring in the 1st and 2nd quarter). Fast forward a month and the position had been put on hold until the following business year. I guessing that they jumped the gun on position need and after a reassessment decided to wait until the nest business year to see if workflow demanded another RMS II.

The recruiter was apologetic and let me know that she would keep me in mind if nothing changed in my job status when the position reopened. No hard feelings, it was a long and somewhat chaotic process at the end, but better than getting hired for a position that later needs to be eliminated.

More feed back would have been appreciated though.

Overall positive experience.

Interview Question – What is your current billing as a recruiter?   Answer Question

RMS III (Senior Recruiter) Interview

RMS III (Senior Recruiter)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Right Thing.

Interview Details – Email exchanges first, several back and forth. Followed by a quick phone screen. Then a phone interview with the internal hiring recruiter, several more conversations with an account manager and a face to face meetign with the client company representative. When we decided that the position with the client was not a good fit, RTI opted to bring me in for a face to face interview for an internal position. I met with a senior manager and received an offer a week later.

Interview Question – There were none, really. I was asked about my recruiting focus, the most difficult search I had completed, how I would go about finding candidates, and overll process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was painless. I ws very clear in my salary expectations up front, and there was no haggling.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Right Thing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Right Thing interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Right Thing employees and interview candidates.