The Right Thing

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Software Development Interview

I had 3 total interviews at this company. Initial on the phone, then middle management interview and the last one with future team an upper management. It was an interesting experience to get to know really sharp people, that work for this company. Questions about previous projects were the main focus during the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of technical questions were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Recruiting Specialist for Goldman Sachs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Right Thing.

I had 6 different interviews. The first was a general phone interview, the next an in-person interview, the third was an interview via Webcam and the fifth and sixth interviews were phone interviews with Goldman Sachs' employees in New York. The interviewers were extremely nice. Also during the in-person interview I got to sit down with a recruiter and observe them doing their job to make sure I thought the job would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was during the second in-person interview not because of the questions but the lack of questions. There were only statements, no questions which can throw people off.   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate since the offer was a great one.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn for this job position and had the interview the next day. The questions were basic and was not difficult.

Interview Questions

ADP Recruitment Coordinator ( Contractor) Onsite At Goldman Sachs In Manhattan Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Right Thing in November 2013.

If you are lucky enough to get in, this is a pretty good gig. You work in the Goldman Office in Manhattan on their 25th floor, you are an hourly contractor who gets paid 25$ an hour ( 17$ after taxes). Work hours are long 9am-9pm usually- but hey you get paid for every hour you work- so this is pretty good money. After 9 pm you get a 25$ meal voucher for dinner and a paid car to take you home anywhere to Manhattan, Jersey, CT, Long Island, Queens , Bronx, and Brooklyn ( Basiaclly the entire tri-state area). But no access to the Goldman on-site gym- after all, you are just a contractor-contingent worker) After a year of good performance you may even get a chance to get hired full-time into the Goldman HR team as an actual Goldman employee on a team that is pretty much all-women ( no surprise here -its HR) . But to get ther you have to jump though hoops- so hopeful, I applied online, and about two weeks later got an e-mail to schedule a screening-call-interview from their Recruiter at the HQ, which is in Findlay OH. The Ohio recruiter was very prompt, competent ( has been with the company more than 5 yrs) nice and helpful,- she conducted a typical, by-the-book phone screen. She looked at my skills and identified me as good fit candidate for two positions ( instead of just the one I applied for) and forwarded my cnadidacy to the coordinator at the client location for interview scheduling purposes. If you have email filters be sure to check them at this stage, because ( and they dont tell you that) the HQ Recruiter e-mail adress is from ADP The Right Thing, but the Coordinators e-mail has address of the cleint. So there is a potential for communication confusion right there...because the ADP coordinators e-mail can get stuck in the trsh- folder. So then the coordinator works with you to set up interviews with the client. The coordinator will try to cast a wide net regarding your availablity,- asking " e-mail me your available times Mon-Fri for this week and the next week" And after you do, expect some back and forth on the scheduling,- since the coordinator will set up interviews with you, -and then the client will go back to the coordinator and say" hey- I cant interview people on this day" . Once the interview is finally scheduled,- things become more straightforward. The coordinator e-mails you the time, location of the interview- who from ADP will be meeting you and who are the client interviewers. Then you basically prepare, and show up to the location in your suit at the said time, ready to go,- Your ADP greeter is generally very helpful and will discuss with you the role, brief you about the client , their culture and give you an opportunity to ask questions before you meet with the cleint interviewer. Sometimes the ADP greeter will ask you questions and provide feedback regarding your responses to help coach you for the interview. The ADP greeter is definitely very helpful in that regard, to make sure you dont go into the interview cold. Generally- I got the impression that the ADP greeter really wants you to succeed and get the job. After this little coaching-briefing session you interview with the client who asks mostly situational questions and behavioral. All very standard. They want to know : What is your background and how is it applicable to this job. Do you understand the role and what it entails. Do you have the key qualities/skills for this job. How will you handle typical challenges at this workplace. Will you fit in with the culture. After the interview- you use the interviewer names on your confirmatin email to send a brief thank-you note emails and the waiting game begins- where you keep contacting your coordinator for status updates and they keep sending you vague responses to string you along, while they are probably interviewing other people. The waiting game for me took forever b/c i interviewed some weeks before the winter holidays and then was unlucky in that the decision makers delayed their decison until after the winter break was over,- during the winter break my momentum evaporated- and then after the winter break they all forgot about me. When I pressed the coordinator and the recuiter on status update regarding my candidacy after the new year, they rumirated about for some time and then came back saying that " the position they thought was going to be open didnt come to frution- sorry and we'll keep you posted if any future positions open up." but oh well, whaddaya-do..

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Right Thing.

Nothing out of the ordinary, went over my resume and asked why I was interested in working in recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in recruiting?   View Answer

Client Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Right Thing in June 2013.

Phone interviews with multiple hiring managers, then an on-site with my client HR.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, the offer was $2k more over my base + bonus.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Right Thing.

The hiring process was a good experience. Because the entire company is all about recruiting, they do take the steps in the process seriously. Knowing someone or connecting with an actual employee can be very helpful. They hire people to work in the Findlay office and also to work from home. You have to be very experienced to get an offer to work from home. You might want to consider starting as a Client Releationship Manager. They like to promote from within, but do hire some people from the outside. If you do not meet all of the skills required, you most likely will not be hired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any specific questions, but you need to be prepared to do Behavorial Based Interviewing and answer tough questions about your knowledge of recruiting and management.   Answer Question
    I accepted what they offered.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Right Thing in March 2008.

After applying online, qualified candidates were scheduled for a face to face interview and also subjected to a typing test. An offer was extended after successful completion of both. My initial reaction was surprise when I walked in to see that everyone was dressed very casual.

There was a set pay rate and not room for negotiation.

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at The Right Thing.

First, I received an email to sign up for a brief phone screen which was quick and pleasant. The second step was a face to face interview which was conducted in house and was a very enjoyable experience. I sat down and interviewed with two different people that were very friendly and professional while also being very down to earth with the entire process. Once this was completed I received notification within 24 hours about the position and receiving an offer for it.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a question that I was not prepared for as they all relatively fit into the scope of the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

RMS II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Right Thing.

Found a job post online. Quick follow up by the initial screener. He called and we had about 45 minute conversation. Follow that with a 2nd hour long phone interview with a CRM. After that, I had a 2 hour interview where I met with three people at their local office. Everyone was very professional. Good process-focused questions.

Two weeks later I recieved a call from a recruiter that I hadn't spoken with yet who let me know that the next step was to offer me the job, but that the position had been put on hold. Fast forward three more weeks I get s second call from the recruiter saying the same thing (apparantly due policy changes based on their recent acquisition by ADP, no hiring in the 1st and 2nd quarter). Fast forward a month and the position had been put on hold until the following business year. I guessing that they jumped the gun on position need and after a reassessment decided to wait until the nest business year to see if workflow demanded another RMS II.

The recruiter was apologetic and let me know that she would keep me in mind if nothing changed in my job status when the position reopened. No hard feelings, it was a long and somewhat chaotic process at the end, but better than getting hired for a position that later needs to be eliminated.

More feed back would have been appreciated though.

Overall positive experience.