The Robison Group

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investigator Interview

Investigator

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at The Robison Group.

Interview Details – Required to attend training in Michigan. Some people were paid for it, and others were not.

Interview Question – My resume spoke for my experience.   Answer Question

Filed Investigator Interview

Filed Investigator

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Robison Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Nice, but to long.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do a lot of reseach first before taking the job.

Private Investigator Interview

Private Investigator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Robison Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – Please be careful with this company. They’re incompetent and very unprofessional with their hiring process. They will make you quit your current job and then leave you hanging without a job. At least that’s what happened to me.

I applied and accepted their job offer with the promise that they would fly me up to Detroit for training. I turned in my two week notice and quit my current job to join this company. However, right at the last minute, they pushed my training back a week. Then they said they would no longer fly me up to Detroit but instead would send a Senior Investigator down to train me. But that would take another week for the Investigator to come down to my state. I waited for a total of 6 weeks until I gave up on them and went back to my old job. During the “delay”, they would use excuses after excuses for the delay, they then stopped picking up their phone calls and stopped replying back to emails; they simply ignored all my inquiries about my training status and ignored me and kept me in the dark.

If they simply just said they were no longer interested in me and that I should move on then it wouldn’t be so bad. But the fact that they kept me believing that I would be working soon and then just completely shut me out is so unprofessional. If they’re this with their hiring process, I can’t imagine how bad they would be if you actually work for them.

What they did was wrong and caused me to be without a paycheck for 4 weeks. It caused frustrations and stresses to me and my family. I hope karma would come back and bite them in their behind.

Interview Question – They only asked about their previous jobs and what you did there   Answer Question

Private Investigator Interview

Private Investigator
Royal Oak, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Robison Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – It in my resume back in Sedptember, get a phone call from a recruiter for the company, I get told they want to bring me to Michigan for training. Then in the next several weeks, I get calls from directors and Ryan Robison himself screening me out and trying to talk me out of going to Michigan. I assured them I was excited to learn. I get flown to Michigan for training for a week, then on Friday without explanation, I get shown the door, no reason or nothing. If they fly you into Michigan, DO NOT ASSUME THEY HIRED YOU.

Interview Question – You will go through three screenings at one week intervals. Stay on your guard. I even had my training pushed back one week for what they said was expenses. You will probably get booked for your flight info, once the screenings are done. Keep your guard up at all times. You will train with a private investigator where you will go into some deep ran down areas of the Detroit area.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Robison Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Robison Group interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Robison Group employees and interview candidates.