The SAVO Group Interview Questions

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

Had a phone screen with recruitment company. Then interviewed with a manager over the phone. She had me go over my resume and background. I got a call the next day with an offer.

Product Support Interview

Interview

Pretty extensive process, met with about 7 different people at the company.

Interview Questions

• If you bought an xbox, walk me through the process of how you would learn to use it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and spent nearly a full day onsite interviewing with senior executives and department leaders. They told me they'd get back to me in two weeks. That was 7 months ago. Haven't heard a word since. Very unprofessional for an executive-level role.

Interview Questions

• Cloaked questions meant to discover if you are willing to work around the clock.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The SAVO Group.

Interview

Pro: Two phone interviews and then multiple onsite interviews. Good communication and feedback throughout the process. The phone interview was with HR lead and the hiring manager.

Con: The role was not well defined and this reflected in the approach taken by each onsite interviewer.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer specifically focused on metrics (a lot more than any role definition.   Answer Question

Pre Sales Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The SAVO Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Unprofessional and appalling.

After applying online I was promptly contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I was quite impressed with the quick turn around and we decided on a day and time 3 days later. Despite reading some of the negative stuff here on SAVO, I decided to prepare well especially since I found their solution to be very interesting.

On the day of the phone screen, the recruiter sends me an email saying that she wouldn't be able to make it due to an "emergency". She sent this to me literally 30 seconds before the previously decided time for the phone screen. But since she offered to reschedule I shrugged it off and went ahead with giving her days/times when we could talk again. Its been over a month and I still haven't heard from the recruiter despite numerous attempts to reschedule (via phone/email). If this is the way they treat interested candidates, I want to have nothing to do with them. I now see why people complain about the culture and lack of direction in the reviews section. I guess it worked for the best in my case as I was given two offers after this rather distasteful experience with SAVO.

My 2 cents - stay away from SAVO.

If someone from SAVO is reading this, please teach your recruiters to behave with basic courtesy towards candidates.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very professional process with what appears to be a high degree of respect for the individual. Applied via LinkedIn and a recruiter followed up with me soon thereafter for a screening conversation. I then spoke to the hiring manager on the phone. The 3rd and 4th interactions were in their Loop-based offices (terrific place with a start-up feel and mentality).

Interview Questions

• SAVO seems to be hiring a lot of people, so the process can seem a little long.   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The phone interview went well and we just discussed my current position and the challenges that I have faced and how I dealt with them. There was also questions pertaining to my past positions and how I got into the testing industry. The follow up question to this was what are my thoughts on testing. Finally, the topic of where do I see my career going.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a defect that was found by a customer that should have been caught during the testing phase? If so, how did you handle the escaped defect.   Answer Question

Director Position Interview

Application

Interview

Met with a lot of people from different departments in IT. Seemed like a cool place to work.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Had worked with hiring VP previously at another company. Was interviewed by John Aielo a co-founder. His passion for the product, company and work culture he was building was the magnet to join. Met with people from all the various groups. Was made to feel very welcome. Founders were wonderful, typcil workers wonderful, Senior mangement/executives were top heav, too many and they clashed

Interview Questions

• To provide my understanding of of "Sales Enablement" and it's benefits.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, to a small degree. Given my success and experience in my previous jobs probably got a 10K bump that other reps did not get.

IS Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Approached by a recruiter, who presented the resume to the client, and set up an screening set of phone calls with the account manager and HR.

Interview Questions

• Why were you laid off from your former company?   1 Answer