The SAVO Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President of Marketing Communications Interview

Vice President of Marketing Communications
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The SAVO Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews and spent nearly a full day onsite interviewing with senior executives and department leaders. They told me they'd get back to me in two weeks. That was 7 months ago. Haven't heard a word since. Very unprofessional for an executive-level role.

Interview Question – Cloaked questions meant to discover if you are willing to work around the clock.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The SAVO Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – Had worked with hiring VP previously at another company. Was interviewed by John Aielo a co-founder. His passion for the product, company and work culture he was building was the magnet to join. Met with people from all the various groups. Was made to feel very welcome. Founders were wonderful, typcil workers wonderful, Senior mangement/executives were top heav, too many and they clashed

Interview Question – To provide my understanding of of "Sales Enablement" and it's benefits.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, to a small degree. Given my success and experience in my previous jobs probably got a 10K bump that other reps did not get.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

Interviewed at The SAVO Group

Interview Details – Had a phone screen with recruitment company. Then interviewed with a manager over the phone. She had me go over my resume and background. I got a call the next day with an offer.

Product Support Interview

Product Support

Interviewed at The SAVO Group

Interview Details – Pretty extensive process, met with about 7 different people at the company.

Interview Question – If you bought an xbox, walk me through the process of how you would learn to use it.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Implementation Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The SAVO Group.

Interview Details – Pro: Two phone interviews and then multiple onsite interviews. Good communication and feedback throughout the process. The phone interview was with HR lead and the hiring manager.

Con: The role was not well defined and this reflected in the approach taken by each onsite interviewer.

Interview Question – One interviewer specifically focused on metrics (a lot more than any role definition.   Answer Question

Pre Sales Solutions Consultant Interview

Pre Sales Solutions Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The SAVO Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Unprofessional and appalling.

After applying online I was promptly contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I was quite impressed with the quick turn around and we decided on a day and time 3 days later. Despite reading some of the negative stuff here on SAVO, I decided to prepare well especially since I found their solution to be very interesting.

On the day of the phone screen, the recruiter sends me an email saying that she wouldn't be able to make it due to an "emergency". She sent this to me literally 30 seconds before the previously decided time for the phone screen. But since she offered to reschedule I shrugged it off and went ahead with giving her days/times when we could talk again. Its been over a month and I still haven't heard from the recruiter despite numerous attempts to reschedule (via phone/email). If this is the way they treat interested candidates, I want to have nothing to do with them. I now see why people complain about the culture and lack of direction in the reviews section. I guess it worked for the best in my case as I was given two offers after this rather distasteful experience with SAVO.

My 2 cents - stay away from SAVO.

If someone from SAVO is reading this, please teach your recruiters to behave with basic courtesy towards candidates.

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at The SAVO Group.

Interview Details – Very professional process with what appears to be a high degree of respect for the individual. Applied via LinkedIn and a recruiter followed up with me soon thereafter for a screening conversation. I then spoke to the hiring manager on the phone. The 3rd and 4th interactions were in their Loop-based offices (terrific place with a start-up feel and mentality).

Interview Question – SAVO seems to be hiring a lot of people, so the process can seem a little long.   Answer Question

Director Position Interview

Director Position
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The SAVO Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met with a lot of people from different departments in IT. Seemed like a cool place to work.

Interview Question – Describe your management style   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

QA Lead
Chicago, IL

Interview Details – The phone interview went well and we just discussed my current position and the challenges that I have faced and how I dealt with them. There was also questions pertaining to my past positions and how I got into the testing industry. The follow up question to this was what are my thoughts on testing. Finally, the topic of where do I see my career going.

Interview Question – Have you had a defect that was found by a customer that should have been caught during the testing phase? If so, how did you handle the escaped defect.   Answer Question

IS Director Interview

IS Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The SAVO Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – Approached by a recruiter, who presented the resume to the client, and set up an screening set of phone calls with the account manager and HR.

Interview Question – Why were you laid off from your former company?   View Answer

Worked for The SAVO Group? Contribute to the Community!