The SAVO Group

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Implementation Manager Interview

Implementation Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The SAVO Group.

Interview Details – Pro: Two phone interviews and then multiple onsite interviews. Good communication and feedback throughout the process. The phone interview was with HR lead and the hiring manager.

Con: The role was not well defined and this reflected in the approach taken by each onsite interviewer.

Interview Question – One interviewer specifically focused on metrics (a lot more than any role definition.   Answer Question

Pre Sales Solutions Consultant Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The SAVO Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Unprofessional and appalling.

After applying online I was promptly contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I was quite impressed with the quick turn around and we decided on a day and time 3 days later. Despite reading some of the negative stuff here on SAVO, I decided to prepare well especially since I found their solution to be very interesting.

On the day of the phone screen, the recruiter sends me an email saying that she wouldn't be able to make it due to an "emergency". She sent this to me literally 30 seconds before the previously decided time for the phone screen. But since she offered to reschedule I shrugged it off and went ahead with giving her days/times when we could talk again. Its been over a month and I still haven't heard from the recruiter despite numerous attempts to reschedule (via phone/email). If this is the way they treat interested candidates, I want to have nothing to do with them. I now see why people complain about the culture and lack of direction in the reviews section. I guess it worked for the best in my case as I was given two offers after this rather distasteful experience with SAVO.

My 2 cents - stay away from SAVO.

If someone from SAVO is reading this, please teach your recruiters to behave with basic courtesy towards candidates.

Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at The SAVO Group.

Interview Details – Very professional process with what appears to be a high degree of respect for the individual. Applied via LinkedIn and a recruiter followed up with me soon thereafter for a screening conversation. I then spoke to the hiring manager on the phone. The 3rd and 4th interactions were in their Loop-based offices (terrific place with a start-up feel and mentality).

Interview Question – SAVO seems to be hiring a lot of people, so the process can seem a little long.   Answer Question

Director Position Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The SAVO Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met with a lot of people from different departments in IT. Seemed like a cool place to work.

Interview Question – Describe your management style   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Chicago, IL

Interview Details – The phone interview went well and we just discussed my current position and the challenges that I have faced and how I dealt with them. There was also questions pertaining to my past positions and how I got into the testing industry. The follow up question to this was what are my thoughts on testing. Finally, the topic of where do I see my career going.

Interview Question – Have you had a defect that was found by a customer that should have been caught during the testing phase? If so, how did you handle the escaped defect.   Answer Question

IS Director Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The SAVO Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – Approached by a recruiter, who presented the resume to the client, and set up an screening set of phone calls with the account manager and HR.

Interview Question – Why were you laid off from your former company?   View Answer

Talent Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at The SAVO Group.

Interview Details – Approached by a recruiter and presented to the client, two rounds of on-site interviews and the job was closed (not filled). Was told I was their top candidate and was called back six months later when the job was reopened. After another two rounds of interviews was sent a form rejection letter. Very unprofessional process and unorganized office. I was told by numerous people that jobs are often opened and closed due to funding, which scared me as a talent manager. I talked to some ex-employees who described the environment as chaotic

Interview Question – How do you find tech talent in Chicago?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at The SAVO Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, a case study exercise, and half day interviews onsite. I didn't get a good vibe onsite. The area seemed to be unorganized and I felt a few people contradicted themselves during the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The SAVO Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The SAVO Group interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by The SAVO Group employees and interview candidates.