The San Jose Group Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.6

Research/Strategic Planning/Consulting JE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The San Jose Group in December 2013.

Very straight forward process. I applied, got a call and had a half hour interview asking me the basics. Why I wanted to work for San Jose, what are my skills, why I should get the position.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The San Jose Group in May 2012.

I spoke to Nancy through the phone who was the hiring manager for the interns at the time. After the phone interview she set a time to meet face to face. She was very sweet and helpful. The interview was not difficult and they included tour of the whole office and introduced me to many of the employees. They do a good job of making you feel comfortable. Its a very big plus if you can speak Spanish.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked in Spanish how well I knew Spanish and we talked a little bit in Spanish. That was a little unexpected and I was a little rusty but it worked out.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The San Jose Group in January 2013.

Interviewed directly with CEO.
    CEO asked a series of random questions, technological of course. Seemed nice at first, kinda condescending to some degree. 'My developer Jorge was with google'. Me: then why is he here with you and not with them? :)
    No answer, then got called in for a small freelance gig. Acted like it wasn't anything, the 'google guy' rebuffed my recommendations for optimization.

Interview Questions
    • None, at least for me. However, it felt more like I was being interviewed for MENSA rather than a web job.   Answer Question

Didn't like the place

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The San Jose Group in March 2013.

Former JE posted opening information on social media, and I sent her my resume. It was an urgent position. 2 or 3 days later the HR sent me an e-mail to schedule on-site interview with the hiring manager. Entering the building needs pre-register (which HR will take care of) The hiring manager asked me a few behavioral questions, followed by some introduction of what the daily job looks like, and asked me if I felt comfortable with it. The overall process ran well and smoothly. The manager immediately decided that she wanted me, and talked to the HR. Then it's official.

Interview Questions
    • Not exactly. Some of the questions are similar. For example, what do you think, in the professional perspective, makes you a good candidate? What about in the personal perspective? I meant, these two points sometimes are mixed together, say I'm detail-oriented, can be both professional & personal. Depends on how you explain.   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

Simply meet with the recruiter and talk about yourself and what you hope to get out of the internship

None

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The San Jose Group in January 2010.

The hiring process was relatively quick, but that was because they were drowning in the work not completed by the former employee who decided to simply walk out one day.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see advertising in ten years?   View Answer
    I needed a job right away, so I couldn't negotiate the price that I normally would have asked.

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The San Jose Group in March 2012.

Received an email out of nowhere asking if I wanted to discuss some opportunities. Sure, I said let us discuss to find out if there is a need. Meeting was set and figured I it was a HR screening but I was wrong. I was quickly ambushed by the CEO. It was pretty much an abusive interview with him barking "Next" or "I get it" as I showed my samples which I brought because it seemed odd to be screened face to face.

The CEO then asked me if HR laughed in my face when I told him my salary expectations. Sounds like they have a bully management style. Left the interview saying WOW!

Interview Questions
    • Did HR laugh in your face when you told them your salary expectations?   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The San Jose Group in November 2011.

I was in contact with HR by telephone and email during the interview process. They were professional and polite, very accommodating to my schedule for interviewing. I met with HR and the Owner and found them pleasant, insightful, and open to the skills and experience I bring to the table. They informed me that they are working to bring about change and I see the effort being made by upper management to turn the ship, which is never quick or easy. The effort is clear and the progress is steady.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a Super Hero, what Super Hero would you be? And why?   Answer Question

Creative Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The San Jose Group.

There were a lot of failed promises. The interviews went extremely well, but they did a great job at providing you with failed promises such as bonuses and how this experience would be a great addition to your resume

Junior Executive Training Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The San Jose Group in March 2012.

HR introduced the internship program and asked my past experiences, asked why I chose this program and my perspective in their industry.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about your experiences in Latin American market research   View Answer

Worked for The San Jose Group? Contribute to the Community!