The San Jose Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The HR director was great! He is very nice. The interview was wonderful, it was the best part of the whole internship... we had a great conversation and the questions were effortless for a conversation rather than just an interview.

Research/Strategic Planning/Consulting JE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward process. I applied, got a call and had a half hour interview asking me the basics. Why I wanted to work for San Jose, what are my skills, why I should get the position.

Junior Executive Interview

Interview

Simply meet with the recruiter and talk about yourself and what you hope to get out of the internship

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Former JE posted opening information on social media, and I sent her my resume. It was an urgent position. 2 or 3 days later the HR sent me an e-mail to schedule on-site interview with the hiring manager. Entering the building needs pre-register (which HR will take care of) The hiring manager asked me a few behavioral questions, followed by some introduction of what the daily job looks like, and asked me if I felt comfortable with it. The overall process ran well and smoothly. The manager immediately decided that she wanted me, and talked to the HR. Then it's official.

Interview Questions

• Not exactly. Some of the questions are similar. For example, what do you think, in the professional perspective, makes you a good candidate? What about in the personal perspective? I meant, these two points sometimes are mixed together, say I'm detail-oriented, can be both professional & personal. Depends on how you explain.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed directly with CEO. CEO asked a series of random questions, technological of course. Seemed nice at first, kinda condescending to some degree. 'My developer Jorge was with google'. Me: then why is he here with you and not with them? :) No answer, then got called in for a small freelance gig. Acted like it wasn't anything, the 'google guy' rebuffed my recommendations for optimization.

Interview Questions

• None, at least for me. However, it felt more like I was being interviewed for MENSA rather than a web job.   Answer Question

Didn't like the place

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The San Jose Group in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screening and two in-person interviews. Quick and painless - office environment was immediately warm and welcoming. I met with four individuals during the first in-person visit and only the CEO on the follow-up interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you visited our website? Any suggestions for ways we can improve?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The San Jose Group in May 2012.

Interview

I spoke to Nancy through the phone who was the hiring manager for the interns at the time. After the phone interview she set a time to meet face to face. She was very sweet and helpful. The interview was not difficult and they included tour of the whole office and introduced me to many of the employees. They do a good job of making you feel comfortable. Its a very big plus if you can speak Spanish.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in Spanish how well I knew Spanish and we talked a little bit in Spanish. That was a little unexpected and I was a little rusty but it worked out.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Received an email out of nowhere asking if I wanted to discuss some opportunities. Sure, I said let us discuss to find out if there is a need. Meeting was set and figured I it was a HR screening but I was wrong. I was quickly ambushed by the CEO. It was pretty much an abusive interview with him barking "Next" or "I get it" as I showed my samples which I brought because it seemed odd to be screened face to face. The CEO then asked me if HR laughed in my face when I told him my salary expectations. Sounds like they have a bully management style. Left the interview saying WOW!

Interview Questions

• Did HR laugh in your face when you told them your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I was in contact with HR by telephone and email during the interview process. They were professional and polite, very accommodating to my schedule for interviewing. I met with HR and the Owner and found them pleasant, insightful, and open to the skills and experience I bring to the table. They informed me that they are working to bring about change and I see the effort being made by upper management to turn the ship, which is never quick or easy. The effort is clear and the progress is steady.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Super Hero, what Super Hero would you be? And why?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The San Jose Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively quick, but that was because they were drowning in the work not completed by the former employee who decided to simply walk out one day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see advertising in ten years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I needed a job right away, so I couldn't negotiate the price that I normally would have asked.