The Scripps Research Institute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.5

Staff Scientist Interview

Phone interview from HR and Lab's personnels. Depending on which lab carrying the search, the questions are different. The phone interviews may last for 1 hr each. May ask for the subjects' knowledge, questions on the research summary. Inform about which tasks would the position require.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute.

The first phase was to create and apply on their website, http://hr.scripps.edu/jobs/index.html. You will have to answer their questions, submit a Resume, Cover letter. (additional certifications optional) You can continue to check the status of your resume/application. Phase 2 you will be contacted via phone and asked if you are available for a interview. Once you confirm you are available you will receive an email with details of time, location, and POC. Phase 3 is the actual interview. You will be asked to fill out paperwork, take a typing test, then you will be interviewed and your test results will be reviewed also.

Interview Questions
    • There was not an unexpected question. It was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute.

Hiring and interview process depends entirely on PI and lab. It is easy to get a position here if you bring your own funding. Interview typically involves a research presentation and lunch/dinner with the lab you will join. Some people get a very tough interview. In my case, everything happened by email

Research Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute.

in total, the interview process took 4 hours: a mix of meeting the laboratory members and seeing the facility. It was very detailed and I got a very good idea of the facility and the team I applied to work in. Be prepared for a long interview ( as is common with science jobs) and be knowledgeable of what the Principal Investigator has been working on.

Interview Questions
    • What are you wanting to do with this job in your future?   Answer Question
    Understand that grant money is tight. Experience will weigh in your favour

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute.

Applied online, process took more than a month to land an interview. Initial HR interview, prepared questions. If HR deems it appropriate they send you in to the lab. Informative interview with the lab members, discussed their research and approaches.

Research Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in August 2013.

It was a 2 round process. 1st one was simple HR where they simply asked about the project or past work you have done. They looked more concern why you are interested in this job. The 2nd was technical interview. Where the guy who was going to mentor me interviewed me. He asked some basic OOPS question java question and some problems to solve they were quite easy.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was easy just do the basics of object oriented design some basic database, and some java concepts.   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute.

Mostly HR question with few prepared technical questions

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in January 2013.

They called me up and i came in. They asked me questions pertaining to the specific goals of my role as an background in engineering and how i could help and i told them.

Interview Questions
    • There was none. Everything was expected, in fact too much.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in April 2011.

the professor just asked me some questions regarding my phd research, does not have on site interview, sometimes I heard that no phone interview necessary, good recommendation is required, if you have some connections, you will get it.

Administrative Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in January 2011.

Most communication was done by email. Meeting with the recruiter was laid-back. I later learned much of the information the recruiter gave me was inaccurate. Most of the interview was spent trying to convince me to take the job. A few computer tests were administered. After passing the tests, I was asked to meet with the department manager.