The Scripps Research Institute
www.scripps.edu La Jolla, CA 150 to 499 Employees

The Scripps Research Institute Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Research Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process depends entirely on PI and lab. It is easy to get a position here if you bring your own funding. Interview typically involves a research presentation and lunch/dinner with the lab you will join. Some people get a very tough interview. In my case, everything happened by email

Interview Question – Do you have your own funding?   Answer Question

La Jolla, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in April 2011.

Interview Details – the professor just asked me some questions regarding my phd research, does not have on site interview, sometimes I heard that no phone interview necessary, good recommendation is required, if you have some connections, you will get it.

Interview Question – describe you research   Answer Question

La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in March 2009.

Interview Details – In the morning I gave a presentation in the lab and afterwards my individuell interviews with everybody in the lab happened, which took 30min per person. At lunch time, there was a free lunch with everybody in the lab again. Very casual. I think I was done by 5pm - long day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in May 2010.

Interview Details – After applying I got a phone call to discuss my background and interests. I was informed about the current research projects and was informed that I will be required to give a presentation for an onsite interview. The on site interview involved 1 on 1 meeting with the entire group and the presentation at the end of the day. It was casual and I was made an offer at the end of that.

Negotiation Details – No negotations

Postdoctoral Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in October 2008.

Interview Details – They brought me in on a flight and had me do the usual meetings and interviews with a full cadre of professors and faculty. I also met with HR and a few other support personnel. I also gave a hour long presentation. Generally, if they fly you out there, the job is yours to lose.

Interview Question – What do you intend to innovate?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Scripps Research Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Scripps Research Institute Postdoctoral Research Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Scripps Research Institute employees and interview candidates.