The Scripps Research Institute Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute.

Applied online, process took more than a month to land an interview. Initial HR interview, prepared questions. If HR deems it appropriate they send you in to the lab. Informative interview with the lab members, discussed their research and approaches.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in April 2011.

the professor just asked me some questions regarding my phd research, does not have on site interview, sometimes I heard that no phone interview necessary, good recommendation is required, if you have some connections, you will get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in May 2010.

After applying I got a phone call to discuss my background and interests. I was informed about the current research projects and was informed that I will be required to give a presentation for an onsite interview. The on site interview involved 1 on 1 meeting with the entire group and the presentation at the end of the day. It was casual and I was made an offer at the end of that.

No negotations

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in August 2009.

Random

None take or walk!

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in July 2009.

This was not a typical interview that consisted of an all day affair where I had to give a presentation and meet a number of people within the team. Instead, I approached the hiring manager to discuss both our needs. We came to an understanding on how we could contribute to each others success, and then the hiring manager made me an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Scripps Research Institute in March 2009.

In the morning I gave a presentation in the lab and afterwards my individuell interviews with everybody in the lab happened, which took 30min per person. At lunch time, there was a free lunch with everybody in the lab again. Very casual. I think I was done by 5pm - long day.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.