The Select Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.6

Network Engineer At Cisco Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Select Group (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiting manager and her senior person. They were quite particular of what they were looking for. The post is a contract one but very much distinctive about what was required , the responsiblities, what was the pay was fair enough.

Interview Questions

• Interests, Post requirements , Your Area of expertise   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

I interviewed in the San Diego office in 2012, just as the new office manager had been appointed to lead that office. He was a young guy looking for a bunch of young girls to hire, or beta-males. Fortunately, I was neither. Interview went well. It was very sales based, asking about what traits a good sales person has. I was told I'd come back to meet the CEO, and then a few days later was told I was no longer being considered. I saw the same young boyish manger downtown a few months after, acting unprofessionally with employees. Typical inexperienced call center pros who are pulling in 30-40k a year, trying to sling placement deals in the recruiting game, with no focus on developmental selling or consulting. I took an offer elsewhere, and was glad to dodge this bullet.

Interview Questions

• What three traits does a salesperson have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

-About 3 hours long -hour long interview with regional director and branch office manager -asked questions related to extra curricular activites -regional director didn't talk much, just took notes -kept great conversation -seemed like very good people

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a teammate or coworker getting a position or promotion over you?   Answer Question

CONTRACT ROLE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call from one of the select group's recruiter about a position where they thought I would be a good fit. The same day another account manager interviewed me and they pushed me to agree to the Right to represent form. Plus, it was highlighted how the technical recruiter would be my point of contact and will keep me posted about the position updates and the next steps. Then they just vanished, a couple of times when I followed up, their response was that they were still waiting to hear back from their client and they will let me know when they hear back. From a technical recruitment firm I would expect a much better communication plus if the client rejected the resume, I expect to hear back from the technical recruiter. My perception is that they did not really understand what the client was looking for in terms of experience because when they explained the job description it didn't seem to fit in with the title. I would stay away from such a firm who cannot manage the basics of HR recruitment.

Interview Questions

The Select Group Response

May 13, 2015 – ‎Internal Relationship Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and sincerely apologize for your negative experience with our company. If you would be willing to share more detailed feedback with us or if ... More

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Select Group.

Interview

Multiple interviews. They say they are selective in who they hire but that is solely the fact that you have to approved by 3-4 people before they hire you. If you aren't a pretty girl, college athlete or frat guy you very little hope of making it past the first round.

Negotiation

If you have experience in recruiting, ask for the world. They will pay to have talent there. But you won't stay long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Select Group (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

First I received a call from a corporate recruiter to schedule a time to speak briefly about the opportunities that The Select Group had to offer. At the scheduled time I did not receive a call. Nothing out of the ordinary. Mistakes do happen. Later the following day the recruiter called to apologize and all was well. Interview went great, and nothing really caught me off guard. All of the questions were very basic. After about a couple weeks, I received a message asking for me to call back at my earliest convenience to discuss the next step in the interview process. After calling multiple times, and sending several emails trying to reach out to the recruiter who interviewed me, I have yet to hear back from the recruiter. This shows that this company, or the recruiter, is very disorganized. Not only have I not heard back about the next step in the process for months, it was this same corporate recruiter who failed to call for the initial interview because my name "did not make it on the calendar." Not only is this distasteful for a company that states that they value their employees, but it shows that you have a poor commitment to your core vision and responsibility, which is to empower people with careers. After doing further research, I have realized that everything happens for a reason. The Select Group failed to make it on Inaveros' staffing industry rankings for "Best in Talent Satisfaction," which is awarded to only the top 2% of staffing companies within the industry. If someone reads this from HR, you need to know that you lost the opportunity of having someone work for you that was committed to your success. I will instead take my efforts to another competitor of yours that is a leader in the industry, and truly values both it's employees and their corporate responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What three traits would someone in sales need?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group.

Interview

Had an on campus interview and than had an on site interview a few weeks later. They seem like they really care about there employees and want to see them succeed. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get a career started in the sales field.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Select Group (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

You walk into the building, and you're immediately greeted by someone at the front desk. I waited about fifteen to twenty minutes before being taken back. It was very casual in my opinion, but fast paced. I only went to the first interview because once I found out what the job was I politely ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions; Describe yourself, etc. But, what they focused on was my exact sales numbers from other jobs.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Select Group (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Asked about former experience and former employers. Asked specific questions about the technology used and details about job requirements, general work products, and the exact nature of experience at previous positions. Questions were more detailed about positions with similar technologies or work roles. Appearance, presentation, and personality were definitely being measured.

Interview Questions

• I've been interviewed by highly experienced and well trained behavioral interviewers including ones who ask the tough questions. No question was difficult or unexpected since I was well prepared for the ones that might be for other interviewees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Friendly and courteous. Negotiation was not harsh or dismissive. They were honest and direct about what could and could not be offered.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Phone screen, then onsite interview involving multiple interviews within a 3 hour period