The Select Group

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.6

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group.

Had an on campus interview and than had an on site interview a few weeks later. They seem like they really care about there employees and want to see them succeed. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get a career started in the sales field.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Select Group in November 2014.

Received an email for a phone interview. Recruiter forgot to call! Had to reschedule for another phone call. The phone call took less than 15 minutes. Recruiter asked very simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe three traits a salesperson needs to be successful.   View Answer

This company seems like a joke. The pay is awful, and I felt like I was smarter than the recruiter.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Select Group in May 2014.

Asked about former experience and former employers. Asked specific questions about the technology used and details about job requirements, general work products, and the exact nature of experience at previous positions. Questions were more detailed about positions with similar technologies or work roles. Appearance, presentation, and personality were definitely being measured.

Interview Questions
    • I've been interviewed by highly experienced and well trained behavioral interviewers including ones who ask the tough questions. No question was difficult or unexpected since I was well prepared for the ones that might be for other interviewees.   Answer Question
    Friendly and courteous. Negotiation was not harsh or dismissive. They were honest and direct about what could and could not be offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group.

Phone screen, then onsite interview involving multiple interviews within a 3 hour period

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group in January 2014.

Very disorganized and unprofessional. They set up 3 different times to do a phone interview and missed all of them. About a week and a half later they called me to have the phone interview at a non scheduled time. I was not impressed by the company at all.

The Select Group Response

Feb 14, 2014‎Internal Relationship Coordinator

Hello, my name is Wade Tulk, and I am the Director of the Corporate Recruiting Team here at The Select Group. First of all, I want to thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate any feedback ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group in November 2013.

Fantastic. They really give you a chance to feel and understand the company. They truly listen to who you are and your goals in life. They take these in to account when hiring and it is visible throughout the office. One of the best interview experiences I have ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • None come to mind. They just ask for you to be your self.   Answer Question
    They have a standard base pay. I had 3 years of experience coming in so they were willing to offer me more from the start with out me requesting it.

Recruiter/Account Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Select Group.

I enjoyed the interview process because it was quick and simple. I did not get the job, but what made me upset was that they could not give me a reason why. They just said " we are deciding to go with some one else".

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group in September 2013.

I was made to go through three total interviews, a phone interview, a skype interview and then an in person interview with the regional office. Arrived early for the interview, they seem to have a nice office with room to grow. Met with an Account Manager first and then one of the heads of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Not a very difficult interview just a very time consuming process all together. I felt I asked more difficult questions than they in turn asked me. Just two questions were asked in the final interview, "tell me about your idea of the sales process," and "what is your idea of a good leader."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Select Group.

The recruiter reached out to me (I didn't even remember applying) and we had two basic phone interviews with typical interview questions about my past work experience and what my strengths are. Then, there were three separate on-site interviews with three people (could take place in one day or spread out, depending on their schedules). The interviewers were very casual and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Most people accidentally get into IT recruiting. Why do you want to do this?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I had an on campus interview that was set up through our professional development center. The interview was pretty laid back and not very stressful. It seemed like they were more concerned about whether I would fit with the company rather than my sales skills.

Interview Questions
    • As previously mentioned, it was a pretty simple interview. They really were just looking for a deeper explanation of my resume and my past jobs. The only true specific question I was asked was about what management style I preferred.   Answer Question