The Select Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.7

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed in the San Diego office in 2012, just as the new office manager had been appointed to lead that office. He was a young guy looking for a bunch of young girls to hire, or beta-males. Fortunately, I was neither. Interview went well. It was very sales based, asking about what traits a good sales person has. I was told I'd come back to meet the CEO, and then a few days later was told I was no longer being considered.

I saw the same young boyish manger downtown a few months after, acting unprofessionally with employees. Typical inexperienced call center pros who are pulling in 30-40k a year, trying to sling placement deals in the recruiting game, with no focus on developmental selling or consulting.

I took an offer elsewhere, and was glad to dodge this bullet.

Interview Questions
    • What three traits does a salesperson have?   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Select Group.

Multiple interviews. They say they are selective in who they hire but that is solely the fact that you have to approved by 3-4 people before they hire you. If you aren't a pretty girl, college athlete or frat guy you very little hope of making it past the first round.

If you have experience in recruiting, ask for the world. They will pay to have talent there. But you won't stay long.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at The Select Group in December 2014.

First I received a call from a corporate recruiter to schedule a time to speak briefly about the opportunities that The Select Group had to offer. At the scheduled time I did not receive a call. Nothing out of the ordinary. Mistakes do happen. Later the following day the recruiter called to apologize and all was well. Interview went great, and nothing really caught me off guard. All of the questions were very basic. After about a couple weeks, I received a message asking for me to call back at my earliest convenience to discuss the next step in the interview process. After calling multiple times, and sending several emails trying to reach out to the recruiter who interviewed me, I have yet to hear back from the recruiter. This shows that this company, or the recruiter, is very disorganized. Not only have I not heard back about the next step in the process for months, it was this same corporate recruiter who failed to call for the initial interview because my name "did not make it on the calendar." Not only is this distasteful for a company that states that they value their employees, but it shows that you have a poor commitment to your core vision and responsibility, which is to empower people with careers. After doing further research, I have realized that everything happens for a reason. The Select Group failed to make it on Inaveros' staffing industry rankings for "Best in Talent Satisfaction," which is awarded to only the top 2% of staffing companies within the industry. If someone reads this from HR, you need to know that you lost the opportunity of having someone work for you that was committed to your success. I will instead take my efforts to another competitor of yours that is a leader in the industry, and truly values both it's employees and their corporate responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer
    • What three traits would someone in sales need?   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group.

Had an on campus interview and than had an on site interview a few weeks later. They seem like they really care about there employees and want to see them succeed. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get a career started in the sales field.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Select Group in September 2014.

You walk into the building, and you're immediately greeted by someone at the front desk. I waited about fifteen to twenty minutes before being taken back. It was very casual in my opinion, but fast paced. I only went to the first interview because once I found out what the job was I politely ended the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions; Describe yourself, etc. But, what they focused on was my exact sales numbers from other jobs.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Select Group in May 2014.

Asked about former experience and former employers. Asked specific questions about the technology used and details about job requirements, general work products, and the exact nature of experience at previous positions. Questions were more detailed about positions with similar technologies or work roles. Appearance, presentation, and personality were definitely being measured.

Interview Questions
    • I've been interviewed by highly experienced and well trained behavioral interviewers including ones who ask the tough questions. No question was difficult or unexpected since I was well prepared for the ones that might be for other interviewees.   Answer Question
    Friendly and courteous. Negotiation was not harsh or dismissive. They were honest and direct about what could and could not be offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group.

Phone screen, then onsite interview involving multiple interviews within a 3 hour period

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group in January 2014.

Very disorganized and unprofessional. They set up 3 different times to do a phone interview and missed all of them. About a week and a half later they called me to have the phone interview at a non scheduled time. I was not impressed by the company at all.

The Select Group Response

Feb 14, 2014‎Internal Relationship Coordinator

Hello, my name is Wade Tulk, and I am the Director of the Corporate Recruiting Team here at The Select Group. First of all, I want to thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate any feedback ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Select Group in November 2013.

Fantastic. They really give you a chance to feel and understand the company. They truly listen to who you are and your goals in life. They take these in to account when hiring and it is visible throughout the office. One of the best interview experiences I have ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • None come to mind. They just ask for you to be your self.   Answer Question
    They have a standard base pay. I had 3 years of experience coming in so they were willing to offer me more from the start with out me requesting it.

Recruiter/Account Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Select Group.

I enjoyed the interview process because it was quick and simple. I did not get the job, but what made me upset was that they could not give me a reason why. They just said " we are deciding to go with some one else".