The Smart Cube Interview Questions

3.3

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Smart Cube in February 2012.

They use a outside recruiter . Who will interview you and then pass you onto Part Owner/Managing Director/Sales Person in Chicago for a second interview. Then you will be passed to 2 of their sales people for additional interview and they will turn you back to the Owner for one of several late stage/final interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convey value proposition when you don't know what customer wants or needs.   View Answer
    Their recruiter will ask you for paystub etc and then they base your package based on that. Decent base salary but bad commission rate and if you are used to strategic sales person that this is not a place for you.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Smart Cube.

Got through campus placements. Extensive recruitment process. Takes two days. Two technical rounds. One HR round. One written aptitude test. The process is more invlined towards matching you to company than a fixed set of criteria required.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Smart Cube.

To join the company, you have to pass three-four rounds of interviews. One with the general manager, and the other with assistant managers or other managers. When hiring more than 15-20 people are called and given group interview at the start, after there are several 1:1

The manager will ask how much you would like and if you ask for a low salary, he might offer you $50 more

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Smart Cube in December 2014.

Campus Interview: This was for my campus interview, which was followed by an aptitude test. The focus area was concepts of Business strategy and basics of marketing and finance.

One key area of assessment was market sizing or guesstimates questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Estimate the number of petrol pumps in Pune
      2. Estimates number of shoe laces in your college
      3. What are key liquidity ratio
      4. What is a value chain

Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montevideo (Uruguay)
    Anonymous Employee in Montevideo (Uruguay)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Smart Cube in December 2014.

I sent an e-mail to a position advertised on a job-hunting website. I was contacted through what I believe was a third party (since they weren't able to explain much about the interview process) who told me I'd be attending a sort of assessment centre.

There was a 30 min presentation on the company and after that we had 75 minutes to do a test. (We were 4 people in the room)

The test included 2 logical problems with some information and 5 questions each on it (I will explain in detail further down), a further 3 stand-alone logical questions, and an English section which I assume was only due to the location of the position being in a non-English speaking country (and none of the applicants were native English speakers).

There were 50 multiple choice questions, all of them to check the candidates' English level. They'd ask a question and there would be 4 answers with minor differences (eg commas, adding an 's' at the end of verbs, plurals, etc.).

The last part was a 150 word essay on one of 2 topics ("Social networking: boon or bane", and the second one on the effectiveness of anti-smoking campaigns).

I haven't actually received an offer, this was 2 days ago and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Strategic Analyst Associate Interview

Applied through college (Campus placement drive). The online test was conducted by AMCAT- contained Quantitative aptitude, Logical reasoning and English questions. Next round was an extempore round. Followed by personal interviews, having guesstimates, and economy related questions.

Interview Questions
    • None, but having sufficient knowledge of the economy will help   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Smart Cube in November 2014.

Aptitude test followed by a verbal assessment. Round of interviews and selection. Pretty hectic round of questions. It was a campus recruitment drive. Several students applied for the same. The number selected were few

Interview Questions
    • guesstimate: estimate the amount of water consumed in your city in a given year.   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Smart Cube in November 2014.

They came to our college to hire for their Strategic Services Group, they shortlisted 237 candidates based on the academics, and were asked to appear for AMCAT, they shortlisted 81 students for the next rounds. After which, they had an Extempore round for which, 68 people appeared, out of which they selected 58 who sat for 2-3 technical interviews, at the end of the day, they made offers to 8 students.

Interview Questions
    • Suggest Philips how would they enter into Ahmedabad with their range of LED lights.   View Answer
    • Suggest strategies to Starbucks on opening a cafe in Ahmedabad.   View Answer
    • A Facilities planning question.   Answer Question
    No negotiations were allowed, as they explicitly gave out the CTC breakup.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Smart Cube in November 2014.

I applied through our college. The process was well organised. We had a written test conducted by Amcat and the results were declared a week after the test has been taken. Later we were called for further process. The next rounds included JAM, TR and HR. The TR was very tough and it was full of questions related to economics and marketing but i have an operations and systems background and hence it was tough for me to answer those questions.They have asked some guesstimates even.

Interview Questions
    • How much revenue will McDonalds make per day on an average in bangalore   View Answer

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Smart Cube.

Written test followed by extempore.
    Two interview rounds - Second with VP.
    The questions depended on the profile you were applying for.
    Written test had general aptitude questions on quant and verbal.
    Extempore-Group of people were called to speak on the topic.

Interview Questions
    • If airlines were to increase their revenue in the current scenario, what should their strategy be ?   Answer Question