The Smart Cube Interview Questions

3.4

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Smart Cube in February 2012.

They use a outside recruiter . Who will interview you and then pass you onto Part Owner/Managing Director/Sales Person in Chicago for a second interview. Then you will be passed to 2 of their sales people for additional interview and they will turn you back to the Owner for one of several late stage/final interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convey value proposition when you don't know what customer wants or needs.   View Answer
    Their recruiter will ask you for paystub etc and then they base your package based on that. Decent base salary but bad commission rate and if you are used to strategic sales person that this is not a place for you.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Smart Cube.

100 words, 20 mins, judging
    What properties of gold make it a better investment than any other metal or agricultural product

How us fed rate cuts affect Indian stock exchange

Npv of 2.8 mn and irr of 18% and npv of 3.8 and irr of 15%.write a recommendation to d ceo of the company as which project to choose

Write about a company which you have recently researched. Write few lines on your findings

Pnl statement of 2008 with adjusted ebita, ebit, BS with debt, cash and net asset and Roe and Roce, company overview of its products, background and financials based on the above

Precedent analysis, where deals. Equity stake, equity value, revenue, ebitda was given and ev and ev/ebitda was to be calculated

A equity valuation based on the above was required to be written.

2 hr test

Data Analyst Interview

2.5 hours written test. Aspiring Minds conducted it. Fair test. Consisted of Arithmetic, Verbal and Logical Aptitude and a separate section of Data Interpretation 2 rounds of interview and asked a lot of guesstimates. Gave a lot of focus on your CV.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the maximum revenue generated in a day of Subway   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Smart Cube.

I applied through the campus recruitment process, the first round was a basic aptitude round after which was the extempore in which we had to speak on any topic of our choice. After that was the interview round.

Interview Questions
    • How to increase the revenue of a multiplex (suggest innovative ways)?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Smart Cube.

Hiring Process consisted of four stages. I appeared int he recruitment process through my college. First stage was Written test, around 350 students appeared, then all next stages of 96 shortlisted students, held at their office.
    Extempore- Two Interviews, one technical and then One final HR Round Interview

Interview Questions
    • If a European auto services company plans to start its operations in India, what different parameters they should consider, what data they would need.   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Smart Cube in September 2014.

first there was a written test conducted by aspiring minds consisting of quant,logical reasoning,data interpretation and english .second round was verbal ability round in which we were divided into groups of 8 and had to speak on random topics for 1 minute. technical interview round involved questions about internship and guesstimates which were pretty basic .it was followed by hr round in which they scrutinise your cv to minutest details.

Interview Questions
    • name three companies which have acquired other major compnies in past 6 months   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Smart Cube in August 2014.

Total of 2 interviews- first interviewer very friendly and descriptive, second interviewer very hostile and concise. both went for around 1 hour each. case studies and guesstimates main points. they would ask for your approach to a particular problem

Interview Questions
    • If you want to open a stationary shop how would you proceed   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Smart Cube in August 2014.

The company visited the campus and pre-placement talk was given by co-founder and MD Sameer Walia. It was followed by an online test which included 4 sections-Quant, Verbal, Logical and Data Interpretation. After clearing the test, the candidates were invited to their Noida office. Data Analyst and Strategic Services Group candidates were interviewed in different buildings. I was in DA, where the first round was Guesstimate/ Puzzle round. Second round was HR/guesstimate-puzzle and third was interview with the director. I was eliminated in HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such common puzzles and guesstimate questions like- Revenue of South-ex Pizza hut and
      combined revenue of all hotels in Jaipur per year.
        Answer Question

3 rounds of interviews.
    First was an extempore-we were given a topic and had to talk about it for about 1 min
    Then there was an interview consisting of case studies,guesstimates.
    Then there was the final HR round

Analyst Interview

The process was fairly good. The interviewers made me feel at ease. Questions revolved around business perspective of my previous workex. 3 rounds of interview - 1 hour each, one telephonic and 2 face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Just they will search for the right fit in their organization instead of just testing your knowledge   Answer Question