The Standard

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

phone interview with HR mainly about resume and background. Then one month later an in person panel interview with general interview questions. Then a final interview and offer. The people interviewing were a mix between managerial staff and analysts. they all seemed largely uninterested in being there.

pay

Other Interview Reviews for The Standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Standard in September 2012.

First I had a phone interview with an HR person. This was basically a standard who are you type interview with some specific behavior-type questions thrown in. The HR recruiter was very nice and even coached me a bit in what the hiring managers were looking for. Then I was called back and set up an interview with the two managers that were hiring for that position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all straightforward and expected based on my background and experience. They do employ the bevavioral interview process so they are looking for specific examples in your past rather than how you think you would perform.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Standard in January 2010.

Applied on a Monday, interviewed on a Wednesday, started the next week.

None

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Standard.

Telephone screen by HR followed by an interview with 2 people, one who will be the hiring manager. Interviews take about an hour and include behavioral based questions. For the analyst position, depending on the talent pool, it is helpful to have prior claims experience. If not, a skill set that matches the position is helpful. Multiple attorneys have been hired into the position as a result of the need to understand the constantly changing landscape of claims and litigation.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to escalate a situation. What was the situation, what did you do, how did you decide to escalate it?   Answer Question
    no negotiations