The Standard

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Standard in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on a Monday, interviewed on a Wednesday, started the next week.

Interview Question – Typical stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Standard in September 2012.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview with an HR person. This was basically a standard who are you type interview with some specific behavior-type questions thrown in. The HR recruiter was very nice and even coached me a bit in what the hiring managers were looking for. Then I was called back and set up an interview with the two managers that were hiring for that position.

Interview Question – The questions were all straightforward and expected based on my background and experience. They do employ the bevavioral interview process so they are looking for specific examples in your past rather than how you think you would perform.   Answer Question

Disability Benefits Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at The Standard.

Interview Details – Telephone screen by HR followed by an interview with 2 people, one who will be the hiring manager. Interviews take about an hour and include behavioral based questions. For the analyst position, depending on the talent pool, it is helpful to have prior claims experience. If not, a skill set that matches the position is helpful. Multiple attorneys have been hired into the position as a result of the need to understand the constantly changing landscape of claims and litigation.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you had to escalate a situation. What was the situation, what did you do, how did you decide to escalate it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Standard

Worked for The Standard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Standard Disability Benefits Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Standard employees and interview candidates.