The Standard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Standard.

Interview

phone interview asking to discuss resume, why I choose them, questions meant to demonstrate skill transfer, salary question, team work question

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Straightforward, easy process. Phone Interview, then an in person interview with team lead and the higher up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you improved the morale of others on your team   Answer Question

Rating Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview then a panel interview with two hiring managers. Managers were friendly but stuck to the boiler plate questions. Not very original or personable. When they offer the position they state that they have no room to negotiate earnings, but if you have any hope of maintaining an industry standard wage, you will need to negotiate up front, because you will not get it afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you could not meet a customer's expectations and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Interview

phone interview with HR mainly about resume and background. Then one month later an in person panel interview with general interview questions. Then a final interview and offer. The people interviewing were a mix between managerial staff and analysts. they all seemed largely uninterested in being there.

pay

Interview

filled out online application and submitted resume, received an email four days later to schedule a phone interview which took about twenty minutes and was told I would hear from them on the next step in two to two and a half weeks. It has been about a week, haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you proposed change and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR).

Interview

Pretty short. Easy questions. Got the standard answer "What I love most about working here is the people."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast, easy!

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR person. This was basically a standard who are you type interview with some specific behavior-type questions thrown in. The HR recruiter was very nice and even coached me a bit in what the hiring managers were looking for. Then I was called back and set up an interview with the two managers that were hiring for that position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all straightforward and expected based on my background and experience. They do employ the bevavioral interview process so they are looking for specific examples in your past rather than how you think you would perform.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Standard (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Contacted via phone for an in-person interview. The person who sourced me obviously didn't go over my resume very thoroughly. I give props to the interviewer, but their follow-up was non-existent. Big no no, especially when they said, "You'll hear back in a week."

Q/A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had a phone interview, and was contacted the same day to come in for a final-round interview about 1.5 weeks later. The phone interview was mostly behavioral, with some questions about my technical skills in excel and with general data analysis. The interview in person was actually even more behavioral than I expected, it was really about determining compatibility with the team. I met with two team members, then had a one on one interview, then a final interview with the team leader. The interview process was very straightforward, and everyone was very kind and professional. I declined the offer solely because I received another offer that was better suited for my long-term career goals.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Excel?
      Why do you want this job?
      What does teamwork mean to you?

Answer Question

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, interviewed on a Wednesday, started the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None