The Teaching Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.0

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by TTC via email. I was informed that they had come across my application for Video Editor and they were offering me an interview for this position. I was scheduled for an interview the same week that they emailed me. They sent an amazing set of directions, and it was a breeze to find their office. Everyone was helpful and friendly, my interview was relaxed and informative. It's easy to get a great sense of what the company's all about. They answered all the questions I had. It was great! I absolutely ended up taking the job.

Interview Questions

• What nonlinear editing suites do you use?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat with a veteran employee for 30 minutes to see what the role entails.Panel interview with Manager and Supervisor- this lasted about 45 minutes. I then sat with a team lead for 30 minutes and got to ask any questions I wanted to- this was wonderful! This part was just for me.. The interview was very detailed and professional, but very easy because the manager and supervisor seemed to be good people. Benefits and salary are robust! GREAT company to join!

Interview Questions

• Many many questions about customer service experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very considerate. I felt at ease and encouraged by the phone call stating an offer would be made, and then the offer letter itself was good.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very smooth and a lot of follow up. The recruiter was very efficient and always updated me about the steps. Was one of the best interview process. We connected very often over the phone. I flew in VA and met a lot of people that enable me to get a very good perspective of the people, expectations and opportunity.

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at The Teaching Company in October 2014.

Interview

First had a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager- thought it went quite well. Went in for an in-person interview a month later and the hiring manager had left the company. From the moment I got there, I did not have a good feeling about the place at all. Not a single person I ran into looked happy or cheerful.. the place looked beaten down and gloomy. The people I interviewed with did not seem to be interested in talking to me.. they barely had any questions for me and kept asking me what questions I had for them. It was a complete waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• no technical questions whatsoever which was a little worrying.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Teaching Company.

Interview

Very long day, multiple interviewers, no lunch, no breaks; interviewed in groups and individually and pairs across multiple sections. everyone was nice, thoughtful, smart. it was clear that everyone was passionate about their work; passion for the product is one of the strengths of the workers (not the executive team, however)

Interview Questions

• be specific about what difference you will make to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Push hard for the highest $ possible, as getting a raise is extremely difficult and was frozen for several years

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

After multiple phone interviews with the recruiter I was passed along as a candidate. Then I got a phone call and an e-mail from HR telling me I had to access a website to take a test to assess my compatibility to work within their environment. No problem.

I took the "predictive skills indicator" as requested and then didn't hear anything.

When I reached out to the recruiter he indicated my lack of int'l experience disqualified me for the position. Nothing in the posting about int'l and now, a month later, the posting still doesn't have anything about int'l experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe interpersonal tensions within a team that you have resolved as a manager.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Teaching Company.

Interview

Short - three interviews scheduled quickly after the other.

Interview Questions

• A situation out of a lose/lose situation with a customer   Answer Question