The Tile Shop, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.8

Design/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

good interview, however, the manager told me they do NOT hire a cleaning staff and sales persons were expected to clean everything.......including bathroom If you hire me on 100% commission, I AM NOT CLEANING THE BATHROOM.........

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to cleaning   1 Answer

NO base salary, Expectation that the design/sales people should clean the bathrooms

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

Typical interview, I was excited to speak with them until I did some homework. I enjoyed the interview but didn't get very good answers to my questions and concerns. It is a sales commission job so I wanted to know how the store and market was in my area. I find out this guy is the 4th manager in less than a year and they are always short staffed. This was a little unsettling. His answers did not make me comfortable. I just wanted to know that I had an opportunity to succeed and not be "Just Sold" on an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular, mainly are you willing to work 28 days a month.   Answer Question

Designs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Rochelle Park, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

You are asked a series of questions about how much money you'd like to make, after a brief description of what the company and position entails. You are told about long hours and earning potential. You are informed that the base pay is $1000 plus commission every 7 and 20th (twice a month). If you are hired, you fill out paperwork and drug test. If not, you are sent on your merrt way.

Design/Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my Resume Tuesday night they called me Wednesday morning and scheduled the interview for Thursday. During the interview they asked me about my prior sales experience explained what the position entailed and offered me the job immediately after the interview. I filled out my new hire paperwork the following morning, the entire process took 3 days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in October 2014.

Interview

Very incompetent interviewer. Interviewer was not ready at the time and asked me to walk around store which I did for 10 or 15 minutes why she chatted laughingly personal conversation with a young male employee Question asked, "why should I hire you than the other 10 people I am interviewing" Very rude. My answer was "experience" and went on to cite my very high sales numbers I have documented since I have sold millions of that type of product retail before. I was interrupted in my answer that the experience not valid since they are different. Somehow sales is different with them. She would teach me. Incompetent smiley women. After reading the reviews I am grateful I was not hired since they run ads perpetually and apparently the turnover is ridiculous with obvious employee demands. After leaving I wondered with all my past success in flooring why I was treated so rudely in the interview. My suspicious is age discrimination so I would think twice before interviewing with this company if you are, say, over 55.

Interview Questions

• Why should we train you over the next 10 interviews I do today?   2 Answers

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Countryside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Countryside, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

it was very simple. i filed the application. called the next day. told to come in for interview. basic interview. very quick process. if you have the qualifications you'll do great.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Lombard, IL).

Interview

Easy. Basically if you have any background in sales... they'll hire you. They want to know are you willing to work hard, pressure people into the sale immediately, not later. It's all about the store's bottom line. If they see the store succeed you'll be rewarded, if not, expect an unhappy manager. The manager was very straight forward that his mood was dictated on the performance of the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Moorestown, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

They call and set up a day and time at the store you applied for. Asked you why your interested. The entire staff is standing around you like a pack of vultures. They asked you to sell them something. If you don't convince then that's the end of the interview. The usual phony handshake. And the tiresome "we'll call you." Next time I'll rather be the shopper then the seller. Such a selection.!!

Designer/Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

Very basic interview... They lie and tell you that you will make a lot of money working there and know it will take you a few months to realize it before you quit. By then 8 more people will already be hired. They are always hiring cause you work for free.

Sales Store Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in April 2014.

Interview

Online application download resume. Got a call same day at 8:30PM YES AT 8:30 PM. Was asked on phone if I could start Monday. We set up an interview for next day (Wednesday) at 1pm got there early, sat down with manager right away, small talk then he had to go put out a fire.... That's what he said" wait here or look around I have to go put out a customer's fire". He seemed proud that he was needed. Another person came over introduced himself as assistant manager. First thing he said was I have not looked at your application, however he was holding my resume. He then where I been looking for jobs.... More small talk. He had a script with lots of questions and the only question he asked me was "tell me something about yourself that is not on the resume." I almost started to laugh, I could tell the kid was very nerves about conducting an interview..... I had ask him question so could keep him calm. I asked about the pay... He said he has a scale that explains it better than he could and said he would show me after I went through training. It's a draw on a commission every 2weeks. Then he said the store manager said to "hire you no matter what" and asked if I could start Monday at 8am. He said we 60 to 65 hours per week..... Retail hours. That was it I was hired .... I still do not feel confident that it is not just a waste of time for me..... They told me a couple of time there would be a corporate trainer there Monday to train several people at the same.... SO I think they just needed to fill seats for this corporate trainer to come for the day. I think they would have hired anyone who answered the phone at 8:30PM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Draw on Com every 2 weeks. So you end have to pay back money.