The Tile Shop, Inc.

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone the next day after I applied on their website. An interview was scheduled for the next week. Both phone conversation and interview were comfortable. Interviewer was relaxed and friendly. Expectations of the job were laid out and the company goals and objectives were explained. I was able to ask questions about the position. We discussed the uniforms, hours of operation and schedules. I felt I had a good idea of expectations and an overall feel for the position.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I felt that I needed a different schedule than what was offered. I was not available every weekend at the time.

Manager/Trainee Interview

Livingston, NJ

I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line got a call back within a week to set up interview. Felt interviewers (manager & assist. manager) needed more experience they could not answer my questions clearly about pay structure when I asked if it was based on net or gross. They told me you would get a loan and have to it pay back if you did not make enough sales but was not clear on the percentage you would receive. I've worked on commission before and that was fine but alway knew the percentage up front.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours and pay. They required you to work six days and both weekend days.

Independence, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in July 2013.

Interview Details – one interview, most questions centered around sales jobs, must be able to work weekends, typically 2 days off during the week must close two days a week, be very well dressed, good benefits, no hourly wage, straight commission job, lots of product knowledge to learn.

Interview Question – Would you rather have an job paying 20$ an hour or a job paying straight commission?   Answer Question

Designer/Sales Representative Interview

Designer/Sales Representative
Scarsdale, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – The bring you into a dirty staff room that is not well lit and fees you lies off a paper that all sound wonderful. Then ask you questions that you have to.question yourself if your that dumb and if you really need this job.

Interview Question – Cant give you just one, but they get real personal with you and ask you many questions about selling and ask you MANY times if your ok with com.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview Details – I filled out an application at the store after learning of the position online. I was called in for an interview a few days later. It was one of the most pleasant interview experiences I've had. There weren't any trick questions or game playing. Just honest questions about my experience and goals. I had to fill out a test type form to see if I knew how to calculate the square footage and linear footage of a room, but I knew that from previous jobs. I received a call a few days later offering me the position.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Oakwood Village, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview Details – Interview with the store manager. Employment ad says management trainee but that is a lie to get you in for the interview. Manager tells you that.

Interview Question – They will hire anyone willing to take the stinky hours and low pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A joke...I was desperate for work and regretted the decision to work there EVERY SINGLE DAY that I was there. Save yourself the time and energy and run for your life out the door and do not look back!!!

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in March 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out an online application. If selected, then a business casual dress is okay, but suits a fine too. Just be able to work retail hours and tell them that you want to sell lots of tile to make you and the manager more money. This process may change from store to store because of differing management styles.

Interview Question – Can you tell the small differences in color?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations needed. It is a draw against commission.

Sales Consultant/Management Trainee Interview

Sales Consultant/Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in August 2012.

Interview Details – Easy and quick. The lady was nice. The place was welcoming and catered for people's needs. I was interested in learning about the products they offered.

Interview Question – All were easy and typical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotitaion

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Shawnee, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through Monster.com, that is how they hire all employees. Received a call to set up an interview for the following week. I received a call back the same day with the job offer, I told them I would thing about it and give a call back the next day. I was told to come back the next week to fill out paper work and started work the following week. I interviewed with the assistant manager and the store manager came in during the interview and talked for a couple minutes before leaving again. Atmosphere and employees seemed laid back. The interview was very basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – When did you have a problem with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, all consultants receive the same base pay. You must really be a salesperson, fairly high pressure at that. If you're unsure, it's probably not for you.

Sales Consultant/Management Trainee Interview

Sales Consultant/Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview Details – I started the process by filling out an application on-line and got a phone call a few days later. The manager had a window of a few days to come in for the interview. The interview was straight forward with some behvioral questions and the manager did a great job of describing the posotion.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected or difficult if you read a few behavioral interview questions and prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job is commission based with a guarantee that is a draw against future commissions.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Tile Shop, Inc.

Worked for The Tile Shop, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Tile Shop, Inc. interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Tile Shop, Inc. employees and interview candidates.