The Trade Desk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Trade Desk.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks with 2 phone interviews and an on-site.The first 2 phone interviews were great- filled with comprehensive details and relevant questions. You can tell their have a high sense of pride in their product and company through their enthusiasm. The HR Director was also accommodating with my schedule. Negatives: - Interview took close to 3 hours with 5 people - Head of the Department wasn't present - Lack of interest from interviewers pulled in last minute - Generic rejection was provided It was odd I understood the role more than the interviewers and received the vibe as though I would be their direct report. It's unfortunate a decision was made when i didn't meet the Head in whom I had a great phone conversation with.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk.

Interview

I applied on glassdoor for the ventura office. A week later I got an email to schedule a phone interview. After reaching out to the hiring manager one week later, I received a sad generated dear John Doe email. I was looking forward to working for this company, i mean they had great reviews on Glassdoor, but not so much prep for the position I applied.

Interview Questions

• what is the coolest thing you've done?   1 Answer

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very non-comprehensive phone interview followed up with generic email regarding why the job is no longer available. I did not feel the interviewer took the time to really find out if I was qualified for the position, which I was.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk.

Interview

I applied through a referral, the overall process was very pleasant, everyone is very responsive, everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The first step was an informational interview. I really liked that the interview includes a coding exercise to complete at home at your own pace, it is very representative of real work and a very good indicator of real skills and talent needed. 1) informational interview was about 1/2 an hour, basically the hiring manager telling me about the industry, company, team, and culture. It was very informative, gives a very good idea about the team. 2) Then he sent me a coding exercise to complete at home, with no time limit. After submitting the coding exercise, got some code review comments, made some improvements, and then moved on to the technical discussion. 3)The technical discussion is basically going through the code I submitted and discussing the implementation, data structures and algorithms used, and design trade offs. 4) Then did a remote technical interview with one of the senior engineers. This was going though a coding question, was very nice to talk to and very helpful. 5) Then the onsite phase where you have a discussion with leadership team members, was more like fun and interesting conversations rather than interviews...

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise to complete at home as if it was a component or feature you are to build at work., using same quality and production level quality.   1 Answer
    • Trade offs and design choices in the coding exercise   Answer Question
    • Coding question that cares more about how to approach and think about it rather than the final correct answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was great to begin with!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (Ventura, CA).

Interview

The interview process has multiple steps, because I was a referral from another engineer on the team I was able to skip one of the steps; 1) Informational interivew, they spend time explaining the industry, the company, the engineering team and their development process. 2) A real take home engineering test. This is a much better way of assessing my skills then having 10 minutes to write a small algorithm on a white board. If I'm going to write software for a living, let me show that I can do it. This was followed by a review of my design and implementation. Sort of like a code review. 3) A phone interview with one of their senior engineers. 4) In-person interviews in Ventura, CA.

Negotiation

It went very smoothly. I made my expectations clear ahead of time. I could have made more up-front money elsewhere, but there aren't many places that I've found out there that can match everything that the Trade Desk has to offer for engineers.

Credit/Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (Ventura, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a former co-worker about an opening at this company, semi interview over the phone, then came in to meet one on one. We had worked at the same company prior to this one, so they knew my work habits and my personality and knew that I would fit in with the team already in place. Nothing difficult about it, as long as you know your stuff and you answer any question given.