The UPS Store

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

UPS Store Clerk (UPS Store 1620) Interview

UPS Store Clerk (UPS Store 1620)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The UPS Store in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple interview - just showed me around the store, asked about grades, what kind of student I was. The owner was very nice, very casual and made me feel incredibly comfortable. I felt instantly at ease and enjoyed the experience overall.

Negotiation Details – None

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The UPS Store.

Interview Details – Walked in and was basically hired on the spot. Simple behavior questions. Very easy interview process. Was hired, then started the following week. Walked in and was basically hired on the spot. Simple behavior questions. Very easy interview process. Was hired, then started the following week. Not a hard process at all.

Financial Operations Consultant Interview

Financial Operations Consultant

Interviewed at The UPS Store

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was facilitated by the willingness of the owner to in being flexible in scheduling an interview around my availability. Additionally, the demeanor and familiarity of the individual added to my comfort in the process. Expectations of my role were clearly communicated and a comprehensive overview of the company was imparted.

Interview Question – If you were to realign the company's growth path how would you do that?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The UPS Store.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and after answering some questions with the associate behind the counter, was taken to interview with the owner. I was asked about my previous work experience, how I handled conflict, my schooling and interests, and my plans for the next few years.

Interview Question – Do you have cross selling or up selling experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate. It was either start work at $8/hour, or don't accept the job. They promised that I would receive a raise after six months, which I did. But after being on the hiring side of my store, I know my boss looks for people who will accept low pay.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The UPS Store.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview, followed by an invite to interview with HR at their main offices.

Received a STAR format interview, basic questions such as-

Tell me about yourself?, What are your strengths and weaknesses?, and then a few simple situational questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, just be confident, and clear with your answers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better opportunity come up.

Retail Manager Interview

Retail Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The UPS Store.

Interview Details – In-person interview with store owner, and brief discussion with other staff members.

Negotiation Details – There was essentially no negotiation phase due to the store owner's perspective. The job was to be accepted as described with no significant changes.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Holbrook, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The UPS Store in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went into the store to ship a package and saw they were hiring, emailed my resume later that day. About 12 days later the owner called me to discuss my resume, and asked me to come in to interview later that day. Interview was fairly straight forward. Two days later, called me to schedule a second interview for the next day. Second interview lasted around 15 minutes and the job was offered to me immediately after the interview which only consisted of about three questions regarding dealing with customers. Throughout the entire process everybody was extremely friendly and helpful.

Interview Question – How would working here help you accomplish your goals?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Associate Interview

Associate
Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The UPS Store in May 2011.

Interview Details – I came into the store to print off resumes. At that point the manager was helping me, she looked over my resume and asked me to come in for an interview. During the interview, the two owners asked me the typical interview questions: if I had math skills, computer skills, etc. It was a very standard interview.

Interview Question – There really wasn't an unexpected question, it really was the standard run-of-the-mill interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A few day after the interview the owner called me and offered me a posistion.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The UPS Store in November 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted an application in-store and was called in for an interview within about 2 weeks

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed to give the customer the service they were expecting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take the offer or leave it.

Customer Services Interview

Customer Services
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The UPS Store in January 2013.

Interview Details – Casual one on one with the manager. few questions, general availability, and experience.

Interview Question – Pretty much how school will affect availability. not many hard ones.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The UPS Store

Worked for The UPS Store? Contribute to the Community!