The United Illuminating Company Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
4 interviews

2.8

Distribution Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at The United Illuminating Company.

referred by current employees and was contacted for an in-person interview. interview went on for 30+ min and seem purposely difficult as to elicit a certain response. just remain calm pay attention to the questions and answer accordingly and truthfully.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The United Illuminating Company in March 2012.

Interviewed in-person. It was not technical in nature. Interviewed by telephone as well, it was miserable. Slow conversation with a lot of those behavioral interview questions. All my coworkers seemed to have the same experience with the same guy when they did a phone interview. Don't get discouraged when yours goes really poorly, I think that guy is used to it. Probably doing it on purpose to see how you work under pressure?

Interview Questions
    • It was all a bunch of "name a time you faced a challenge" or "name a time your ethics were questioned" stuff.   View Answer
    I didn't try to negotiate. It took them a long time to "settle out what the salary will be"

CIO Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The United Illuminating Company in February 2010.

Recommended by an internal Director in IT. Met with HR first. Followed by meeting the number 2 guy a week later. Agency (Russell Reynolds) indicated the CEO wanted someone with Utility background even though the number 2 guy indicated I would be a perfect fit. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to change from Consumer Products to Utility?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at The United Illuminating Company in October 2009.

The interview had a fairly friendly atmosphere. I was asked general questions about teams and project that I've worked on. There was strong emphasis on teamwork and leadership, which is fairly standard. There was a short reasoning question, but nothing hard. Ultimately, the job turned out to not be what I was looking for, but we had a friendly chat and I feel like I gained a lot from the experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The United Illuminating Company

Worked for The United Illuminating Company? Contribute to the Community!