The United States Pharmacopeia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview

1. Online screening questions about the job and why you are interested had to be completed first. 2. If you pass that screen, you have phone interview with recruiter 3. Once passed that screen, I interviewed with the hiring manager then came back to interview with others in the organization.

Negotiation

Straight forward

Business Assessment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, then had a short phone screen with HR. Another phone screen with director followed. I was then called in for a half day of interviews. Did three fit interviews where I met members of the team, and one skill test. HR rounded off the day by telling me about benefits. Overall a very friendly process, mostly focused on past experience. Got an offer three days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your resume and why your experience is a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate the offer, but others hired after me did.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD).

Interview

A full-day schedule but would not be exhausting. HR, then seminar, then meeting directors, hiring manager, possible peers, etc. People were very nice and did not ask tricky questions. I did get many scientific questions after my technical seminar.

Don't Want to Say- Too Recent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

The people in HR are very very nice- My actual interview consisted of speaking to several people for a short while each. Each of the was very nice and cordial. I think they would be good to work with. I wanted to mention that that actual person - not an HR person - who I would report to asked me directly what year I graduated college. He specifically asked that- did NOT ask what degree, did I finish etc. I am 50 and this is not information I ever volunteer in an interview. Not good.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

I had submitted my resume based on a job description as posted in the Washington Post. I was looking for a specific job that would allow me to link my language skills with the customer service/administrative skills that I had acquired previously. After having submitted the resume, I received a call within 2 weeks and was asked by the HR department to schedule an interview. On the day of the interview, I was greeted by the HR personnel that had called me and they went over a few initial/general ideas of the position. I was then asked to speak to a interview panel that consisted of the then to-be-supervisor, the Director, the supervisor from a different shift as well as 2 employees from the same shift that I would be working with. I answered all the questions that were asked by all members of the panel and was also asked to prove that I can speak that foreign languages that I had mentioned in my resume. A week or two went by, and I was invited again for a second interview, during which an additional person was invited from the Customer Service team. I was asked a few more questions.

Interview Questions

• This position requires to handle a lot of stress because of multiple assignments, customers calling, demands from your supervisor, co-workers with questions. How would you handle a stressful situation such as the one described above and what is your strategy to overcome stress?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in December 2009.

Interview

It was good in general. First, there was a screen interview with HR generalist, and then a full day of interviews with possible fellow team members and supervisors. The interview itself was composed of technical and non-technical questions with a lot of situational Q/A. Everyone seemed nice, knowledgeable and happy to work with each other. Two weeks later I was given a call with the offer

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most challenging about a non-profit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little room to negotiate the offer, but it was really competitive for a non-profit.

Scientist IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in June 2008.

Interview

Was a long time ago but I had one interview with 5 manager level employees. I was asked an assortment of questions . Both to guage my scientific skill and personality. My questions about the company were answer truefully and honestly ( as I found out once joining the company) I believe It gave me a good guage of the company as well as gave them a good impression of me.

Interview Questions

• How do you screw in a light bulb?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but the opption is there and I woiuld advise any prospect to do so.

Scientist Interview

Interview

screening of incoming resume call based on resume and specially for references personal interview- technical and HR Round

Interview Questions

• general questions related to SOP, Technical principles, Documentation, Guidelines   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, who noticed my LinkedIn profile. Very professional, and interview process was complete. 1) recruiter phone call; 2) screening phone call from hiring manager, 3) onsite interview. All were completed within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Much of live interview was scenario based; well thought out and highly applicable to the actual position. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were amenable to negotiation, although the salary band and bonus were essentially non negotiable. There are great benefits at USP, especially for those interested in pursing additional education.

Web Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in October 2010.

Interview

Interview committee was engaging and enthusiastic. They were passionate about bringing in the right person for the job.