The United States Pharmacopeia

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview Details – 1. Online screening questions about the job and why you are interested had to be completed first.
2. If you pass that screen, you have phone interview with recruiter
3. Once passed that screen, I interviewed with the hiring manager then came back to interview with others in the organization.

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was good in general. First, there was a screen interview with HR generalist, and then a full day of interviews with possible fellow team members and supervisors. The interview itself was composed of technical and non-technical questions with a lot of situational Q/A. Everyone seemed nice, knowledgeable and happy to work with each other. Two weeks later I was given a call with the offer

Interview Question – What do you think is the most challenging about a non-profit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little room to negotiate the offer, but it was really competitive for a non-profit.

Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview Details – A full-day schedule but would not be exhausting. HR, then seminar, then meeting directors, hiring manager, possible peers, etc. People were very nice and did not ask tricky questions. I did get many scientific questions after my technical seminar.

Interview Question – I was not asked too difficult questions.   Answer Question

Scientist IV Interview

Scientist IV
Rockville, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in June 2008.

Interview Details – Was a long time ago but I had one interview with 5 manager level employees. I was asked an assortment of questions . Both to guage my scientific skill and personality. My questions about the company were answer truefully and honestly ( as I found out once joining the company) I believe It gave me a good guage of the company as well as gave them a good impression of me.

Interview Question – How do you screw in a light bulb?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but the opption is there and I woiuld advise any prospect to do so.

Don't Want to Say- Too Recent Interview

Don't Want to Say- Too Recent
Rockville, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in January 2012.

Interview Details – The people in HR are very very nice- My actual interview consisted of speaking to several people for a short while each. Each of the was very nice and cordial. I think they would be good to work with.

I wanted to mention that that actual person - not an HR person - who I would report to asked me directly what year I graduated college. He specifically asked that- did NOT ask what degree, did I finish etc. I am 50 and this is not information I ever volunteer in an interview. Not good.

Interview Question – What year did I graduate college   Answer Question

Interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia

Interview Details – screening of incoming resume
call based on resume and specially for references
personal interview- technical and HR Round

Interview Question – general questions related to SOP, Technical principles, Documentation, Guidelines   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, who noticed my LinkedIn profile. Very professional, and interview process was complete. 1) recruiter phone call; 2) screening phone call from hiring manager, 3) onsite interview. All were completed within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Much of live interview was scenario based; well thought out and highly applicable to the actual position. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were amenable to negotiation, although the salary band and bonus were essentially non negotiable. There are great benefits at USP, especially for those interested in pursing additional education.

Very Easy Interview

Web Content Manager Interview

Web Content Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview committee was engaging and enthusiastic. They were passionate about bringing in the right person for the job.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Validation Lab Manager Interview

Validation Lab Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in July 2009.

Interview Details – The ad described acceptable experience as "Masters Degree and 10+ Years Experience or PhD and 5+ Years Experience". I passed the HR screen and told them quite clearly that I had a MS and 10+ years experience. I was then called by the hiring manager, whose first words were, "Do you have a PhD? We're really only looking for PhD's." I explained that I had the requisite experience according to the ad and that their Human Resources had passed me as a candidate, but to no avail. The interview lasted less than 60 seconds.

Interview Question – Do you have a PhD?   View Answer

Worked for The United States Pharmacopeia? Contribute to the Community!